Introduction of SXArnold

SXArnold

Reaction score
Hi All- I recently picked up a '66 Chrysler New Yorker 440 white exterior/red interior with 38K original miles from "Grampa's" estate. It seems the old guy drove it to church and to family functions. Purchased it from the grandson who did basic maintenance over the years to it. Local car builder says the car shows minimal wear and believes the 38K miles is accurate. 440 runs smooth and quiet, transmission has a sticky first gear until it warms up. Car lived in a garage it's entire life. My challenge is the front split bench seat driver's side is trashed and I cannot locate any replacement sources. Any help out there?

Welcome! A custom upholstery shop may be your best bet. Any pictures? Oh, and thanks for not saying "The Introduce of..."

Welcome aboard.
38K and a trashed seat don't add up unless "Grampa" was 350+ pounds.........just saying.
A photo of the seat material would help us with replacement sources.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Welcome! A custom upholstery shop may be your best bet. Any pictures? Oh, and thanks for not saying "The Introduce of..."
I think that was an issue that Joey fixed. Oh, Welcome to the forum, SXArnold ! Photos or it doesn't exist!
:mob:

I think that was an issue that Joey fixed. Oh, Welcome to the forum, SXArnold ! Photos or it doesn't exist!
:mob:
OK, I'll take pics and post them. I agree with previous poster that the torn seat questions the mileage but it looks like someone had a screwdriver in their pocket but all thoughts welcome after the pic's are posted

Welcome. Like to see some pics of the NYer and of the 66 Hemi Belvedere, my all time favorite B Body.

Hi All- I recently picked up a '66 Chrysler New Yorker 440 white exterior/red interior with 38K original miles from "Grampa's" estate. It seems the old guy drove it to church and to family functions. Purchased it from the grandson who did basic maintenance over the years to it. Local car builder says the car shows minimal wear and believes the 38K miles is accurate. 440 runs smooth and quiet, transmission has a sticky first gear until it warms up. Car lived in a garage it's entire life. My challenge is the front split bench seat driver's side is trashed and I cannot locate any replacement sources. Any help out there?

Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 9.05.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 9.10.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 9.11.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 9.12.40 AM.png

Here are the pictures of the exterior. It was raining so I'll post the interior later. Another poster requested pictures of the 426 hemi Belvedere, I'll post future discussions on this in the b body forum.

Back