Is it wrong of me liking these wheels on a 300?

You're right, that front end is way too high.
Unbelievable the subliminal message even in the brochures back then.
Head up. Ready to thrust forward. Her looking over the long length....
No wander my father always bought them. The mild and meek accountant was secretly acting out his fantasy.
It took 50 years just to figure it out.
And I say it's because my father handed them down to me. Ummmm... What does that mean?
I'm scaring myself here. I know Gary will side with me on this one. He gets it.

Last edited:
The girl pushes the back down, that's why it's sagged. :)
68%20300%20(98).jpgView attachment 7357

68%20300%20(98).jpg

I wonder what color that is.......don't see anything close on the paint chart for that year.

You're missing the point. That whole artist's illustration is a psychedelic dream. Nothing in there including the color is reality.

I just HAVE TO ask....
What forum was it?

It was on a forum called C-Body Drydock.
I'm new to these big old cars so I've been looking for information.
I really like Mopar vehicles.
I have a 04 Dakota and an 08 Chrysler Sebring Touring convertible.
Years ago, I had a 69 Dodge Coronet 440 and a 71 Plymouth Sport Fury GT.
Loved 'em all.

The caps on your car look to be original, but the blue center is a bad choice, and 14" wheels are just simply too small, especially when large tires are no longer available for the 14s.

Yeah, the blue centers are not attractive at all and they make the wheel covers useless to anyone who may want to buy them, unless they have that same color of blue and want painted centers. At least the 300 emblem centers are still there!!

Last edited:
Here is my '66 300 with the Magnum 500 with spinner mounted on the car. They are mounted on 15" wheels.

Dec 1st first drive 3 cs.jpg

Dec 1st first drive 3 cs.jpg

That really looks good.
Since mine is a hardtop, I plan to go with a white-wall tire.
I have Radial T/A's on my 64 El Camino and on my 67 Mercury Cougar and I like them a lot, but I don't think the raised white letters will look right on my 300.
Thanks for the picture. Good reference.

That really looks good.
Since mine is a hardtop, I plan to go with a white-wall tire.
I have Radial T/A's on my 64 El Camino and on my 67 Mercury Cougar and I like them a lot, but I don't think the raised white letters will look right on my 300.
Thanks for the picture. Good reference.

If they were the same price I probably would have gone with the white walls, but I'm happy with the look on the vert. I agree with you assessment on your hardtop and body color should have the white walls. If you are thinking of the spinners you will need a braking bar with a swivel head to remove and tighten a couple of the lug nuts. They are kind of a pain but I like the look.

I've always loved the magnum style wheels without the trim rings, of course. Have a nice original set w/redlines for my Coronet R/T, 14's but that's what it was born with so I'm down with them...

I've always loved the magnum style wheels without the trim rings, of course. Have a nice original set w/redlines for my Coronet R/T, 14's but that's what it was born with so I'm down with them...

You could blister them until they exploded with the first burnout! LOL!

Pretty sure I would be able to blister about any tire that's going to go on that car and I can't wait to try!

If they were the same price I probably would have gone with the white walls, but I'm happy with the look on the vert. I agree with you assessment on your hardtop and body color should have the white walls. If you are thinking of the spinners you will need a braking bar with a swivel head to remove and tighten a couple of the lug nuts. They are kind of a pain but I like the look.

Okay, I bit the bullet and placed the order with Summit for 4 Magnum 500 wheels and the lug nut sets and a set of wheel locks.
I'm just getting the Mopar center caps; No spinners.
Next will come the whitewall tires so, in a couple of months, I can post some new pictures and see what you guys think. :sSig_thanks:

Great, can't wait to see it with the new wheels, it's going to be sharp.

Back