Is it wrong of me liking these wheels on a 300?

I like the look of the Magnum wheels a lot, but it is a huge PITA to get them from Wheel Vintiques.
Has anyone tried the Cragar Magnum 510?
It's a nice looking wheel, but I don't know how it will look on a C body.
What do you guys think?

View attachment 8038

I like it, looks a bit like the rims Pontiac used in the 60s.

Why's that?

They seem to have a big problem with delivery of wheels to fill orders.
The ship date for the wheels I ordered on Jan 3 has been moved back 3 times.
Now the shipping date is pushed back to Feb. 4.
I read some facebook posts that stated people had waited as much as 7 months for delivery.
I wish there was some way to see what the Cragars would look like on my car, without having to actually buy one to try on.

people had waited as much as 7 months for delivery.
AH! Obviously, collect enough orders and then make a production run of them first. I hate that.
I bought some custom sized, made to order Boyd's years ago. Took one week.

Just an update - Still no wheels. I'm not really counting on them to be shipped by their (WVI) estimated date of Feb. 4.
This just really pi$$e$ me off.

They just left this morning. They are on their way...

357mszm.jpg

They just left this morning. They are on their way...

357mszm.jpg
I wish!! Summit did offer me a 5% discount on the Cragar 510 Magnums because of the long back-order time. I asked them if I could wait till at least the Feb 4 date and still get the discount. He said yes, depending on availability of the Cragars. I just don't want to buy the Cragars and be disappointed if they look wrong on the car. They kinda sorta look like a Pontiac wheel. But I do appreciate the help that Summit offered.

Seriously, I wouldn't lose any sleep over the wheels. 4 round pieces of metal. Nothin more. Nothing less. Would you be that concerned about them if a loved one was ill? That's my philosophy.

Not to rub it in but I ordered my from Summit they had them in stock including the spinners and I got them in 1 day. That was back in November. Sorry I must have taken the last set in stock.

Last edited:
Does anyone have 15 X 8 wheels on a C body?
I can get a set of 15 X 8 Magnums shipped today, but I don't know about fitment.
The wheels have 4 1/2" backspace, which should be okay with the 9 1/2" section width of the 235/75 series tires.
Anyone have any experiance with 15X8 wheels?
I'm just fed up waiting on the 15 X 7's.

Does anyone have 15 X 8 wheels on a C body?
I can get a set of 15 X 8 Magnums shipped today, but I don't know about fitment.
The wheels have 4 1/2" backspace, which should be okay with the 9 1/2" section width of the 235/75 series tires.
Anyone have any experiance with 15X8 wheels?
I'm just fed up waiting on the 15 X 7's.
There was a discussion of this on the site. Basically no. It is actually the front tires not your rear skirts that will be the problem. My 15x7 just fit on the front

I was going to go that route. I even wrote them an email if they would do a custom set of wheels with a different offset so that the 15 x 8 would fit. They never emailed me back so I presume no. Sorry I couldn't give you better news.

Last edited:
Magnums are fine as long as they are 14".
15" is a Ford wheel. I don't want to drive Ford-wheels

Hes not kidding..

and yet he'll pull a Polara apart because he doesnt like the grille or tail lights rather than unbolt and bolt 20 lugs.......??

Magnums were used by Chrysler, AMC, and Ford. How do we handle that situation.
Road Wheels were used by Chrysler and GM. There's another scenario.

I think it's a personal choice. Whatever looks reasonably appropriate, be it Magnums, Road Wheels, Ralleye, or aftermarket wheels.

Back