Is there a manual override on a 1963 Imperial convertible top ?

Very similar to what's in my '70 Newport. When my pump went bad I replaced it with one form a '92 LeBaron. Same pump!!!

Those parts haven't changed in a long time. Lots of crossover parts, even between different manufacturers. I have a motor/pump and cylinders from a 58 Eldorado that work fine.

Those parts haven't changed in a long time. Lots of crossover parts, even between different manufacturers. I have a motor/pump and cylinders from a 58 Eldorado that work fine.
When I needed to replace mine I saw the site that sells them for $199.00. (More today.) I paid $20 for the one from the junkyard. Glad I did!

I took the pump motor apart last Friday and it turned out to be that the pump rotor was stuck to the backing plate. I micro polished the pieces with very very fine wet/dry sandpaper to get the film off of it and the motor works great now. I still do not have power to the pump from the switch, so this weekend I will determine if the switch is bad, or if I have no power to the switch. As I get time, I inch my way forward. Thx for all the comments.

Back