Is this worth the cost of being a 1 or 2 ever built??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
the price is worth if you want it bad enough... As they say, "its only worth what someone will pay"

I'd rather clone a 6 pack GT. It will be easier, cheaper, and probably come out better in the end than starting with a rusty tin can.
And I would never, ever, call it a PH023. It would be a Fury with yadda yadda yadda...

And I would never, ever, call it a PH023. It would be a Fury with yadda yadda yadda...

commando1: I'll give you $1000 for it.
PH023: The price is $20,000
commando1: $800
PH023: $22,000
commando1: $500
PH023: $24,000
commando1: $200
PH023: $30,000
commando1: We're done.
PH023: But it's a super rare none of none, I have paperwork!

Stan, I know I was being very generous with that $1000 opener! :D

I have all I want.
Since buying the Newport I am now sated at all ends of the spectrum.
No amount of arguing from anyone who says "it's never enough..." can convince me of another car that has my name on it.
I struck gold twice. I'm all done.

I thought there was some low mileage drag car that still has your Name on it, when it's coming up for sale ?
I still have a few Stickers just in case ;)

I thought there was some low mileage drag car that still has your Name on it, when it's coming up for sale ?
I still have a few Stickers just in case
wink.png
Nope. I'm done.
1. He's rich enough where he's just going to leave it to a niece...
2. It would be a BEAR to maintain.

Here it is guys:
A 1967 Satellite RO23 Hemi 4 speed with less than 500 miles.
A quarter mile at a time.
That's what I have been mum about.

Last edited:
Address of the niece via pm, please. ;)

Sticker will be on ist way Thursday btw. Odd opening hours at my small town post Office.

Nope. I'm done.

Here it is guys:
A 1967 Satellite RO51 Hemi 4 speed with less than 500 miles.

So......you were planning to post some pics now that the cat is out of the bag, right???

Nope. I'm done.

Here it is guys:
A 1967 Satellite RO23 Hemi 4 speed with less than 500 miles.

So......you were planning to post some pics now that the cat is out of the bag, right???
I have zero pictures.
And if there are no pictures, it doesn't exist, right??
There is no blue paint over original factory white RO23.
Just another BS story....

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Thank you for that production break down.

It is important to remember that Chrysler production numbers from 1969-1980 are ONLY aggregate numbers, NOT actual production numbers. They are an estimate from the percentage of total production; the ACTUAL number of 1971 Sport Fury GT's is unknown. And for that matter ANY Chrysler product from 1968-1980 the same applies.

Insofar as Mr. Corley's 1971 Sport Fury GT Promotional cars are concerned, the VON is correct for promotional cars, and so is the SPD. One can only assume from those facts, (just like the "assumed" production number of 375 units) that the cars are what Mr. Corley, and various MoPar experts in the community say they are.

The question that is unanswered is how many "Promotional cars" were produced. Mr. Corley says two units, and that would be a valid assumption, but factually it is currently unknown.

Best regards,

FP

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. And WRONG.

There ARE actual production numbers for 1969 through 1980. Historical has them and so do I. And these numbers are broken down to the individual series and body style. There's nothing "aggregate" about them.

These numbers are NOT estimates of any percentages. (How do you think I was able to determine that 3 cars came from Newark and the rest from Belvedere?) The reports that mention numbers as percentages are the Option & Accessory Reports. They detail the number of cars SOLD, not the number BUILT (I am getting SO tired of explaining this over and over.) The numbers I cited are from the Production Report. BIG DIFFERENCE.

The ACTUAL number of 1971 GTs IS known. It's 375.

The same information can be determined for ANY Chrysler product from 1968 to well beyond 1980.

What information do you have to support the theory that the VON identifies a car as being a "Promotional" vehicle? The shipping invoice might tell you that, but the VON itself is nothing but a number. Until you've got a copy of the information that accompanies the VON, you have nothing.

Same for the SPD. All it tells you is the date the car was made. If you're using the date on the data tag, that is NOT the build date of the car. It is the BODY FRAME DATE. BIG DIFFERENCE.

All I can "assume" from these statements is that somebody's scooping up a big pile of wishful thinking.

Yes, the number of "Promotional" cars is unknown. It's unknown because Chrysler didn't track, because Chrysler didn't care!

How about I tell Mr. Corley that a car that was supposedly a promotional car means crap as far as his car is concerned. There's nothing about it that is really special except the VON. It looks like a lot of cars that are the same model.

Posted via Topify on Android

Somebody. Please. Explain to me what makes a VON "Special"? I'm new to this Chrysler number stuff. I've only been at it for a little over 40 years, and I only got my info from the people who created the information. So obviously, they were either holding out on me, or somebody knows more than they do.

Again, what makes a VON "Special"?

great info...that's one fact that's eluded me for awhile...wouldn't happen know how many of those had the super commando and brougham package per chance would you?...and hada do a check...mines outa belvidere..close but no cigar..know for a fact mine was sold outa Prince Albert Saskatewan...prievious owner remembers it sitting on dealer lot when younger...down the road he ran into it again and bought it

ps...wouldn't know when the last 71 GT was built as well?

Thanx

Super Commando? I could look that up.
Brougham Package? I could look that up.
Super Commando AND Brougham Package? Nope. Not tracked.
Date the last Fury GT built? Nope. Not tracked.

Super Commando? I could look that up.
Brougham Package? I could look that up.
Super Commando AND Brougham Package? Nope. Not tracked.
Date the last Fury GT built? Nope. Not tracked.

would be gratefull for any of that info...not a lot out there for info re these GTs...have had nights spending hrs upon hrs tryin to find stuff...

Here is what I know, When Kevin talks, I stop and listen. . . . . . This group should be grateful he is here.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. And WRONG.

There ARE actual production numbers for 1969 through 1980. Historical has them and so do I. And these numbers are broken down to the individual series and body style. There's nothing "aggregate" about them.

These numbers are NOT estimates of any percentages. (How do you think I was able to determine that 3 cars came from Newark and the rest from Belvedere?) The reports that mention numbers as percentages are the Option & Accessory Reports. They detail the number of cars SOLD, not the number BUILT (I am getting SO tired of explaining this over and over.) The numbers I cited are from the Production Report. BIG DIFFERENCE.

The ACTUAL number of 1971 GTs IS known. It's 375.

The same information can be determined for ANY Chrysler product from 1968 to well beyond 1980.

What information do you have to support the theory that the VON identifies a car as being a "Promotional" vehicle? The shipping invoice might tell you that, but the VON itself is nothing but a number. Until you've got a copy of the information that accompanies the VON, you have nothing.

Same for the SPD. All it tells you is the date the car was made. If you're using the date on the data tag, that is NOT the build date of the car. It is the BODY FRAME DATE. BIG DIFFERENCE.

All I can "assume" from these statements is that somebody's scooping up a big pile of wishful thinking.

Yes, the number of "Promotional" cars is unknown. It's unknown because Chrysler didn't track, because Chrysler didn't care!

I yield to the Gentleman Mr. Mccabe.

Thank you for the correction. Without explanation, the error is mine.

"Crow, it's what's for breakfast".

Best regards.

Thank you for that production break down. It is important to remember that Chrysler production numbers from 1969-1980 are ONLY aggregate numbers, NOT actual production numbers. They are an estimate from the percentage of total production;

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. And WRONG. There ARE actual production numbers for 1969 through 1980. Historical has them and so do I.

Gentleman...I am not diving into the deep end of the pool on this as it appears to be settled issue between the members' alternative views.

Before looking at this thread, my understanding was Chrysler's production records after 1967 were lost in a fire. Someone told me, "yeah, but Chrysler Historical knows..."

Three years ago I wrote Chrysler Historical with a question. "How many Dodge Monaco Police Cars did Chrysler build in 1978". Here's their actual reply (letter attached, names smudged to protect the innocent).

My question for the Forum..are the Chrysler production records past 1967 available to the general public? If yes, where can we find them?

chrysler.jpg

chrysler.jpg

That top paragraph tells the carefully worded story.

They don't have that information.... However, someone does.

hmmm...why all the intrigue on their (Chrysler Historical) part then?

if records are destroyed, and they dont have them, how can anybody have them? thats not directed to you polara71..its rhetorical :icon_pirat:

sh*t's confusing to me....guess i will chalk it up to being "one of those things". absent anyone else chiming in, i am moving on :silent:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back