Is weatherstrip available for 70s era C bodies?

Reed

Reaction score
I am casually looking for a high end C body, such as an Imperial or New Yorker Brougham and I have a question about parts availability. Specifically, I am concerned about the availability of weatherstripping since I live in western Washington State where rain is almost a constant fact of life. I have heard that nobody is reproducing the weatherstripping for the doors on the post-70 C bodies. My searching cseems to confirm this. Is it true? Is weatherstip only being reproduced for the 60s cars?

OK- looks and sounds like weatherstripping is not available for the 70s era C bodies. Thanks for the info.

The answer is no.

None on the planet and no one is making them.

4 door hardtop roof rail seals are different on the left and right sides. So take care of what you have now.

There is a thread here on FCBO that McGuyvers some GM weatherstripping together.

BTW, 74-78 sedan seals won't work or even come close to working on hard tops.

I would be looking for a four door hardtop. I see the belt weathrip available, but not the weatherstrip that goes on the roof rail at the top of the window. Leaks are not an option for me, so this may end my search for a C body sedan right now.

i live in victoria bc and we get just as much rain as you do, perhaps more since we are right on the coast.
fwiw, ive had many 75-78 2 and 4dr hardtops with gnarly roof rail weather strip and never had issues with water leaks from the weather - car washing yes, but weather no.
you said 4 dr hardtop and 4dr sedan - weather strip is available for the sedan

mark

I would be looking for a four door hardtop. I see the belt weathrip available, but not the weatherstrip that goes on the roof rail at the top of the window. Leaks are not an option for me, so this may end my search for a C body sedan right now.

Back