Non C body stuff, except that it involves a FCBO member

Interesting Chris - I'll see if they made any recordings with either. Do you have any recollection of the years they might have been with them?

Scatterbrain! I knew I had heard of Masters before - it was a number 1 hit in 1939. For the musos, one of Masters' gimmicks or hooks is the use of what's known as pyramids in the horns as a riff between choruses - very difficult! He sings too - (check out The Merry Old Land of Oz), and the vocal group that sings with him is excellent!

Scatterbrain

Other Frankie Masters stuff:
frankie masters - YouTube

I believe Frankie Masters would have played with Miller and Dorsey before either of them had formed their own orchestras, perhaps in the mid 1920s), since he signed with Victor Records in 1927, and would have been under contract and unable to perform with any other bands except as a license special guest.

Very cool Chris! Small world in a way!

Last edited:
Very cool Ross. I thought you might have known who he was. Phyllis Miles was my grandmothers sister. In fact Miles is my middle name.

Look what came in the mail today. Nicely done Ross it sounds outstanding.

20200606_190941.jpg
20200606_191019.jpg

There is something I completely forgot, how great it was when I would buy an album. Putting on the turntable, in this case a sweet 180 gram record, sitting down listening, and then browsing through the accompanying credits and general information on the album cover.

20200606_194700.jpg

Back