Just found 2 Imperials right around the corner.

The guy that made the opening post it is not a regular. He was around for a month and then disappeared. Doubt he'll be back.

< Sent from my tablet >

I was talking to ironoutlaw.
Don't you have to go to a Pinochle game or something?

Ironoutlaw: how do you know about this thread?

< Sent from my tablet >

I received a call from a fellow derby guy who visits c-body forums more often then i do and recognized the 2 cars knowing they are mine and has seen them in front of my shop before, after that convo i get another call saying the are listed on another site for sale and when can the guy come get them, well that got my blood boiling so i jumped online to find it. my buddy only told me this site as i am familiar with but couldnt find the other site where the second caller said they are for sale. Around here low life tow truck drivers and thieves are not afraid to hookup to a vehicle and drive away so you can understand my frustration. These cars are not easy to come by and i am very protective over them even if they are junk to others as some of you may understand.

These cars are not easy to come by and i am very protective over them even if they are junk to others as some of you may understand.

I can totally understand your frustration ironoutlaw and I guarantee I'd be pissed as hell too brother! I think I can say without qualification that all the folks on this website can agree with you on your last sentence.

I received a call from a fellow derby guy who visits c-body forums more often then i do and recognized the 2 cars knowing they are mine and has seen them in front of my shop before, after that convo i get another call saying the are listed on another site for sale and when can the guy come get them, well that got my blood boiling so i jumped online to find it. my buddy only told me this site as i am familiar with but couldnt find the other site where the second caller said they are for sale. Around here low life tow truck drivers and thieves are not afraid to hookup to a vehicle and drive away so you can understand my frustration. These cars are not easy to come by and i am very protective over them even if they are junk to others as some of you may understand.

Tow truck drivers too?!?! Between them and the crack heads, its hard to keep cars and car parts. Thieves suck.

That is why country living is the best. Last time i heard of someone stealing a car around here, well honestly i don't think i ever have. My sister lives in D.C and i visit often and that is all i need. It takes like an hr to go 1 mile. Lol

If I'd leave the garage open in my village, there would rather be another car in there the next day than mine missing. :)

We've had a couple of murders, a Riacin scare, a whole bunch of domestic disputes and ZERO car thefts. Go figure....

We only had one maybe two terrorists on FCBO.......they both have been banned and not heard of since...

Ok since I was the one that started this thread, im going to set the record straight....

Back I Febuary I got a 1970 Fury convertable. it had Power drums in the front. I was thinking of a conversion. well traveling along Old Baltimore Pike in Newark,Delaware I noticed two Imperials sitting on the property of a auto body shop. I stopped in to inquire about them. the Shop owner said he would contact the owner about them, and i would return to get the info. I asked him if i could take a look at them and he said ok. I went out and took some pictures of them. a few days later i posted them on here just stated what i found. I said nothing about them being for sale. now i never got to return to the shop follow up on them.

well I was sent a PM from someone on here asking about them. all I told them was the shop name and phone number to call to inquire about them. AGAIN...I said nothing about them being for sale.....

now as far as me being accused of tresspassing on property I was not!!! as far as i know and was told was the body-shop's property. so what ever I did was done not knowing.

When a car enthusiast finds an old car sitting abandoned left for dead, you would investigate to see if they are for sale or what the story is. that is what i did. again for the third time i did not say they were for sale.

I drive on Rt 40 all the time. There is A LOT of heavy traffic on that road (4 lane highway) and I can understand people inquiring about those cars if they are in plain sight on Rt. 40. A lot of people park cars along that highway to sell their cars and their are used car lots every 100 yards on that highway. I don't think Hemitom did anything wrong, illegal, or immoral.

Just to get the record straight I was the one who contacted Hemitom about the two cars that he had pictures of. I have been looking for a project Imperial for awhile now and those two looked like perfect candidates. Hemitom was so nice in putting me in contact with the body-shop where the cars were located. Just as he said they gave me a number of a gentleman that owned them. I called him and right from the first word he was how did you find out about them, where did you see them, they are not for sale, they are Imperials blah,blah,blah,blah. I have had numerous people stop at my house asking if my cars were for sale. I have never once treated any of them with disrespect. If they are for sale they are, if they are not they aren't. It's pretty simple. Sadly enough it seems that a lot of people in this world are that way. He proceded to ask me if I was interested in anything else and i said yes, I like the 65,66 c bodie newport and new yorker. Well, those are choice cars! I am like so, for what i am thinking. Well i have 30 plus cars and i smash cars. I am like so what. At this point i am like i just want to get off the phone. All i wanted to know is if the Imperials were for sale. Thats all. A simple yes or no would have worked. I wouldn't have bought them anyway after that conversation.

Back