Just got my 2 NOS parking light lenses...

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
What's wrong with this picture? :BangHead:

2h3bhpf.jpg

I know what he has, there must be a reason he's buying an Imperial lens. Seeing one yellow it figured to be a used or old lens.

Where they both sealed in original NOS packaging?

Did you call Marty about it yet? I would think he would exchange it without question.

I'm calling tomorrow but I'm expecting a PITA hassle...
The clear one was factory sealed. The yellowed one was wrapped and labelled.

< Sent from my tablet >

That's exactly why I want to see pictures of the actual stuff I'm buying before I send payment.

So the one is yellowed from exposure?

That is strange unless it was mounted on an Imp previously or sitting on a window sill for 40+ years.

They're both supposed to be NOS and the yellowed one was not in a sealed pkg. like the clear one was so it had to be exposure to the ozone in the air.
YES, I know 40 year old clear plastic can yellow but since it was a pair, they should have been checked visually when picked off the shelf. There were a total of 6 or 8 in stock supposedly.

They're both supposed to be NOS and the yellowed one was not in a sealed pkg. like the clear one was so it had to be exposure to the ozone in the air.
YES, I know 40 year old clear plastic can yellow but since it was a pair, they should have been checked visually when picked off the shelf. There were a total of 6 or 8 in stock supposedly.

There is the off chance that the lenses were originally supplied from different vendors to Chrysler..... Or even molded in separate color batches..... But I agree that Martin should have compaired before shipping....... Must have been one of the really HOT days in Arizona that he's always complaining about.

Last edited:
I totally agree that the opened package should of been inspected for any abnormalities or damage prior to shipment.

Back