Keyless Entry...

Polara-Star

Reaction score
Is not really an option on a '72 Polara; what it means is grabbing the rod inside the door with a pair of needle-nose pliers in order to get the bloody door open. i need to find door, trunk, glove box and ignition cylinders and matching keys. Any help on finding a set will be appreciated...

Is not really an option on a '72 Polara; what it means is grabbing the rod inside the door with a pair of needle-nose pliers in order to get the bloody door open. i need to find door, trunk, glove box and ignition cylinders and matching keys. Any help on finding a set will be appreciated...
Can't you still get that stuff from the local locksmith? I remember I bought some of it for a '68 300 that way a few years ago, and I just bought an ignition lock cylinder with GM keys for my '71 Buick a couple months ago when it quit on me in a parking lot.

Standard motor sells them. I carry that line. I can order them monday if needed.

Appreciate the info. Reason i'm starting over is there are no keys to this car, all i have is one door cylinder and the ignition cylinder to work with, and the provenance of this car is well, maybe not hinky in a like-it's-stolen kind of way, but more like a 'i'd like to be the only one to have keys to this thing if i'm spending money to restore it' kind of way.

Back