For Sale Keys, Keys, the Magical Fruit…

Status
Not open for further replies.

slantsixdan

Reaction score
Contact seller
New old stock genuine '64-'67 key blanks! Ignition and trunk. Nickel-plated brass. Will also fit '59-'63 and '68-up locks. These are from Chrysler Argentina (yes, they fit US locks), so the round-head trunk locks say CHRYSLER on one side and INDUSTRIA ARGENTINA on the other. The Pentastar-head ignition/door keys are speechless. $11/pair plus postage from Seattle, Washington, USA.

Keyblanks_Recto.jpg

Keyblanks_Verso.jpg

One of the first things I do is order a couple sets of original keys for a new, (old), car when I get one.

The keys shown here are for 1968-70 Chrysler corp cars & trucks. 62-67 ignition keys were a little more square. 55 - 61 used aluminum keys with the "Forward Look" logo on both keys.

At the risk of raining on your parade, Original key blanks can be found for $8.00 for a set of four. (check ebay).

$_57.JPG

DSC02280 (Large).jpg

One of the first things I do is order a couple sets of original keys for a new, (old), car when I get one.

Me too.

The keys shown here are for 1968-70 Chrysler corp cars & trucks.

No, sir, you're mistaken. The '68-up ignition/door key, blank number Y-152 as shown by itself on the right side of the 2nd pic you attached, was used from '68 through '89 (a year or two later on some D/W-series Dodge trucks). It has the Pentastar rotated 180° from its orientation on the '64-'67 keys I have here. And the '68-up trunk keys have a crescent-shaped cutout at the top of the circle, rather than the small nubbin perched atop the circle. The aluminum Forward-Look key blank was factory production through '62, not '61. The trapezoid-headed plated-brass key blank with the small Pentastar and "CHRYSLER CORPORATION" callout was new-car production for '63 models; it gave way late in '63 to the '64-'67 Pentastar-headed key. The trapezoid-headed keys were supplied as service parts through about 1967.

At the risk of raining on your parade, Original key blanks can be found for $8.00 for a set of four.

Parade's already been and gone; mine are all spoken for. I've had so many PMs since posting this ad last night that I could've sold 3× the quantity I have.

Seriously, thanks for the info! That's great reference I didn't know I wanted to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back