Leather cleaning and conditioning info?

Nice Mike, thanks! That has to be a descendant of the cow that gave its hide for my Imps interior.

Don't pin the extinction of silver cows on me, I didn't buy it new!

The guy who bought it new only ordered the silver because he knew guys like you were in the future.
I have a pair of 6' elephant tusks... Who's to blame. Me? Or the guy I'm going to sell it to?

The guy that first caused a demand for the item.

It is the bomb isn't it?

I've owned a few cars with leather interiors. I like a product called "Connolly Hide Food"

Connolly makes leather for seats in all kinds of high end cars. Rolls, Jags, etc.
Expensive but worth it.

Matt, you can get the hide food online or at a Jag dealer. I think it's lanolin based. It works best when you work it in by hand and wipe it off with a soft cloth. If your leather is really dry, put it on when its sunny out, close the windows and let it get good and warm in the car. The leather loves it!

Matt, you can get the hide food online or at a Jag dealer. I think it's lanolin based. It works best when you work it in by hand and wipe it off with a soft cloth. If your leather is really dry, put it on when its sunny out, close the windows and let it get good and warm in the car. The leather loves it!
I'm going to buy some and pray for warm sunshine!
Thanks for the tip.

So when you open the door does your interior smell like a hamburger or a hot dog or sausage?

Glenn

I received it already today.......in a Bentley box! Cool!!!

I own a custom gun leather business. My opinion and worth every penny you paid for it is stick to the basics. Saddle Soap applied in a circular motion with a soft brissle brush and rinse with a damp towel. After it is dry and I mean completely dry gently rub in a little neatsfoot oil. The proccess should take about as long as it takes to smoke a good cigar. That is per seat, 2 cigars should have you on track.

Oh and the discolorization is from sun bleaching or burrning the color out of the dye.

I have owned a saddle shop for the last 18 years and the product I recommend is Lexol. They make a liquid saddle soap, and i really like the conditioner (brown bottle). Very light viscosity and it works its way in nicely. If the leather is dirty or stained use the soap first, then wait a while and rub the conditioner in and leave it, but most times the conditioner by itself will do the job.

Neatsfoot is the old cowboy way, but I've found it to be less forgiving if you over apply. Plus it has an odor to it.

I have owned a saddle shop for the last 18 years and the product I recommend is Lexol. They make a liquid saddle soap, and i really like the conditioner (brown bottle). Very light viscosity and it works its way in nicely. If the leather is dirty or stained use the soap first, then wait a while and rub the conditioner in and leave it, but most times the conditioner by itself will do the job.

Neatsfoot is the old cowboy way, but I've found it to be less forgiving if you over apply. Plus it has an odor to it.

Have you tried the Lanolin "Hide Food" made by Bentley? Comments?

Have you tried the Lanolin "Hide Food" made by Bentley? Comments?

Haven't tried that one. I use a lanolin hand cream from New Zealand in the winter to keep my fingers from cracking to pieces and it works great for that. There are lots of good leather care products out there but Lexol is the go to product for me because it works great on my saddles and tack.

Back