Lets Play A Game: Last Of The Convertibles

1699925163172.png

my bad: My SPD 717 car is a 2dr HT, not a vert.
Highest sequnece VIN I have for verts is this one:

1700510637791.png

Thanks to @Michele 300 Mopar we know of another 300 'vert that he owns in Italy. CM27T0C129043 was originally FT6 and is now painted white. Nicely loaded car, SBD of Sept. 23, 1969.

More info is here. We would love to hear more from Michele about the car's history, especially given the German-language VIN tag.

fender tag 20201206_092405.jpg

VIN 20201004_102502.jpg

20201010_113344.jpg

20201010_121208.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to @Michele 300 Mopar we know of another 300 'vert that he owns in Italy. CM27TOC129043 was originally FT6 and is now painted white. Nicely loaded car, SBD of Sept. 23, 1969.

More info is here. We would love to hear more from Michele about the car's history, especially given the German-language VIN tag.

View attachment 629700

View attachment 629701

View attachment 629702

View attachment 629703
Just might be one of those Swiss imports from back in the day. As you know, a company called AMAG AG imported Mopars to Switzerland from the ’50’s to late ’70’s. They even had an assembly line for the A, B and E-bodies. In late ’50’s they assembled the precursors of the C-bodies, too.

Just might be one of those Swiss imports from back in the day. As you know, a company called AMAG AG imported Mopars to Switzerland from the ’50’s to late ’70’s. They even had an assembly line for the A, B and E-bodies. In late ’50’s they assembled the precursors of the C-bodies, too.
the AMAG plant assembled Plymouth Forwardlookers. Later on A-bodies.
No B- & E-bodies were ever assembled in Schinznach at the AMAG plant.
Those got assembled in the Netherlands (De Nekaaf, Rotterdam).
That doesn't mean they wouldn't have gotten an AMAG tag if the cars were sold in switzerland.

This tag of the 300 is held in german but has no AMAG identifications.
The german TÜV requires a similar tag. So at one point it was maybe living in germany.

The car itself, CM27t0c129043, original FT6 now white was buillt for the US market.
The VON has no identification for export shipping (VON starting with an "E"). No "B" or "C" for Canada either.

Carsten

Thank you for clarification, @fc7_plumcrazy on the AMAG product offerings. BTW, do you know who imported Chryslers to Germany back in the day? Somebody must have done that, as they (at least New Yorker and Imperial) showed up in the Auto Motor und Sport magazine price lists, IIRC in the spring, at the same time with the Geneva Show.

Thank you for clarification, @fc7_plumcrazy on the AMAG product offerings. BTW, do you know who imported Chryslers to Germany back in the day? Somebody must have done that, as they (at least New Yorker and Imperial) showed up in the Auto Motor und Sport magazine price lists, IIRC in the spring, at the same time with the Geneva Show.

they were not imported offically. Chrysler Corp didn't sell here cars after WWII till 1988 when they returned.
Only a few big independed car dealers offered some cars. It was just grey market.
Known dealers were in Hamburg, Frankfurt, Berlin and Düsseldorf in example. The amount of sold cars is not known but over all type of models there will be just a few.
Today I know of roughly ten old Mopars from the 60s/early 70s that sold brandnew in germany.

The german manufacturers for luxury cars didn't give Chrysler the idear it might be a worthwhile market.
Totally different to most other european countries.
Explanation for our US/Canadian friends: Even A-bodys were big for Europe back then. Due to the strong US-Dollar back in the day they were always kind of luxury, too

Carsten

Thank you again, @fc7_plumcrazy. I figured they must have been independents. Perhaps Auto-Becker, and such. So the numbers must have been very low indeed. Perhaps one hand figures.

Back