Let's see some Wagons!

I just noticed that the member that started this now 38 page thread has only one post. Strange that he started such a popular thread and vanished.

Probably switched to collecting bicycles. :) 230_staigerchromluxus_1_1.jpg

230_staigerchromluxus_1_1.jpg

Last edited:
Timbolia is active over on FABO.

Love the bike, btw. All the period correct accessories , too. Except the pedals. They have to go. They have to be black rubber with no reflector and stamped "Made in Taiwan".

Last edited:
This thing was practically NOS when I bought it, had some guy offer me more for the original "Continental Extra Prima" tires than I paid for the whole thing. Date coded Polyglas RWL insanity seems to spill over. :)

Thankfully I know you won't be in 30 years blocking the aisle at Walmart on your Handicap cart sucking air from a green tank. Oh.I hate that.

Posted via Topify using Android

Last edited:
Hi Ross,

I go to the gym and use the cardio but I won't drive a bike on the pavement/street

Carsten

I'm no doctor but struggle with pain most days and find the pain is worse when I'm not "using it". Biking is a great low impact core exercise that you would end up benefitting from in the long term. Might be uncomfortable at first but that would likely go away the longer you did it. You need strong muscle around aging joints.

Also take swimming into consideration.

Just preparing an old folding bike for my gf; she takes part in our local hill climb folding bike race next month, she really is fit. :)

Last edited:
Yep, what Matt said.

Also, if you're willing to spend a few bucks, you can get a bike that suits your body type. Since I have really bad knees, I have pedals that swivel so that my knees can be comfortable throughout the entire rotation of the pedal.

I agree with Carsten about the road part though. I don't ride on public roads other than in my own very quiet neighborhood. I see these guys clogging traffic with their bikes.....

Also take swimming into consideration.

Just preparing an old folding bike for my gf; she takes part in our local hill climb folding bike race next month, she really is fit. :)

Swimming is great if your technique is good but is really hard on the shoulders if it's bad.

Fit girlfriends are always good though.......

Wow, great bike tangent. The bikes on the '68's rack are both Trek mountain bikes. I don't like to ride on the road, not enough bike lanes and it really inconveniences the auto traffic. My mtn bike buddies enjoy it when i drive, lots of thumbs up and four way air. My goal is to make it to Carlisle next year with the old wagon and the bikes. 670 miles. The bikes ride well but the chrome cross bars have more flex in them than I would like. If one snapped on the road it would be ugly. Ed

Fit girlfriends are very good!

I'll take demanding and fit over the alternative very time!

Back