Local truck show.

What are you referring to when you say "wedge" cab.

The white B61 with the red fenders above.

Or

4281997760_36e3191edb_z.jpg

4281997760_36e3191edb_z.jpg

All I can say is truck drivers must have been a LOT skinnier (and shorter) in the 50's. That thing is barely an extended cab. Sleeper cab my ***. :laughing11:

Kevin

You can buy them cheap on government auction sites.
I bought most before scrap went up. Some for as little as $700 that I drove off the base. I did have one that the brakes locked up & I had to tow it home after that. (I have a tow bar). Sometimes the trucks were packed so tight when I picked them up. The base would not let me check or work on anything, including fluids. They would slave (or jump) the truck however. The bad brake truck had a marker message on the side saying "bad breaks", lol. Some of the trucks were fresh rebuilds, like that 818 I pictured. Luck of the draw, some bought trucks with rods knocking, missing driveshafts, etc.

this truck is awesome he built it for his grandkid that has a birth defect .

photo 3.jpg

I like my truck to be as inconspicuous as possible.
When you take out a street sign making a tight turn at 3:00 AM, which do you want witnesses to say.
1. I dunno. It was big and was white.
2. You can't miss that sucker. It was a badazz red white and blue rig and chrome everywhere.

Not that I would ever, ya know....

I bought most before scrap went up. Some for as little as $700 that I drove off the base. I did have one that the brakes locked up & I had to tow it home after that. (I have a tow bar). Sometimes the trucks were packed so tight when I picked them up. The base would not let me check or work on anything, including fluids. They would slave (or jump) the truck however. The bad brake truck had a marker message on the side saying "bad breaks", lol. Some of the trucks were fresh rebuilds, like that 818 I pictured. Luck of the draw, some bought trucks with rods knocking, missing driveshafts, etc.

Sounds like you served a day or two.....LOL! Tow bar, slave, M818.

Did you have to use split ends or was the slave receptacle operational? All of the Armored Cavalry and Self Propelled Artillery units I was in had all of the slave receptacles burned up......dumb asses couldn't hook of the slave cables correctly.

They were operational on the few that I did have to jump. Many were depot rebuilds that I got from the National Guard. Overall they were pretty decent.

great story heard it years ago and forgot all about thanks .the people who own the truck are awesome people and he drives cross country everyday .so when he is home and we are doing a car show he will pull in and I always have a front row spot for him .I will try to get more pictures of the truck .on the back of the cab it say's god bless the USA .

Back