Long winded but I had to say it

I thought you would like it.
Dave, I have read this story several times when I have come across it (searching for something else no doubt)... thanks for reviving it, as this brings the story of her to completion. As much passion as you have for your cars, you've helped a lot of us come to appreciate Polara's even more. I know there are others who, like me, wish just a little they could have her (not enough to change my passions, sorry).

I only know of one place, in the "arm pit of America" where you can find such perfect examples of these cars. So for those contemplating the purchase... "find another as good" and "you couldn't build one for this price", let alone the originality.

Once more, best wishes for the success of the sale... including finding the right caretaker for her future.

Dave I obviously missed this original post and subsequent comments until this morning. I knew some of the history of your 70 Polara but now I know the rest of the story. A truly heart warming story!
All I know about my 70 Monaco's history is that it came from Denver CO to Sault Ste. Marie ON. in 1988. The guy who bought the car from it's original owners could not remember their names when I talked to him after buying the car in Oct. 1994. But he did have a photo of the couple with him and his wife which he passed on to me.
Maybe someone on this site knew them. You never know.
70 Monaco Original Owners.jpg

Good luck on the sale of Adleen!

Frank

Hello Frank, Its been a long time . I remember the story of your car and the photo from your web site...by the way, you should update it. How've you been .....?

Photos below of us at Moparfest 2004...Good Times!!!

the guys024.jpg
Tim Hortons 2004034.jpg

I just read this through for the first time. I don't know what to say... "What a great story" seems a little easy.

I sort of do know the feeling of reuniting someone with a car they regret selling (or had to sell due to age). I know it makes them feel better to know it's being cared for. I imagine this used to happen with horses. Strange how we form attachments and memories.

Oh... should have added this: Long-winded is when someone drones on about boring crap. I enjoyed every word of the story.

And... they must have better ground where that cottage is built. If I tried to set a tire on a grass driveway around here, I'd be up to my arse in wet clay.

Dave, You do nice things for people, the man upstairs will remember.
Great story!

Dave, You do nice things for people, the man upstairs will remember.
Great story!

Thank you but I don't believe. I believe an eye for an eye, do onto others and all that but that is just human nature not religion talking.

Oh... should have added this: Long-winded is when someone drones on about boring crap. I enjoyed every word of the story.

And... they must have better ground where that cottage is built. If I tried to set a tire on a grass driveway around here, I'd be up to my arse in wet clay.

Interesting, I can drive on grass in Jersey all day

Hello Frank, Its been a long time . I remember the story of your car and the photo from your web site...by the way, you should update it. How've you been .....?

Photos below of us at Moparfest 2004...Good Times!!!

Dave, I'm doing well for my age. Thanks for asking. I also saved the photos you posted. Maybe I'll get motivated to update and post them on my old website.

I am also thinking of selling my car. I just don't have the time or finances to do what's right for the car. It needs a home with someone who loves this type of car and can afford to put it back to it's former glory. I wouldn't sell it to anyone else but a fellow fuselage fan. But I haven't made a firm decision yet. The car is still in storage and getting out in the spring might change my mind. We'll see.

It is great to see you post Frank. As you know some of mine are up for sale . Perhaps once the weather breaks you will find new life as the summertime blues tends to kick all our asses.

Another Moparfest shot

1970 Polara owners at Moparfest028.jpg

Awesome story! It’s sad but is chin uplifting at the same time , bravo! They should have used your car and you when they remade walking tall. :thumbsup: Lol!

Hi Dave,

So very sorry I am responding to this tread so "late in the game" as they say. This is the first ever time I am reading and replying to it. I honestly never knew the story of of this Polara, so thank you for sharing it. It almost brought a tear to my eye believe it or not. These are the types of stories that I really like to hear about any classic Mopar. I am so very sorry for your loss of Adleen too, may her memory live on with you forever. May she now Rest In Piece

I've re read it too. I see many writing errors, I hope all got through them ok, almost embarrassing.
Hard to believe I do not have the car any longer. Selling her was the right thing to do however and she's in the best hands she could be in .

The photo below was taken two years ago yesterday.
ImQ1Ia6YR1.jpg

I've re read it too. I see many writing errors, I hope all got through them ok, almost embarrassing.
Hard to believe I do not have the car any longer. Selling her was the right thing to do however and she's in the best hands she could be in .

The photo below was taken two years ago yesterday. View attachment 365255

What a great photo!

You have a lot more strength than I do to let cars like that go. But I understand the cause too. And probably under those circumstances I would do the same thing.

Best wishes in your endeavors.

What a great photo!

You have a lot more strength than I do to let cars like that go. But I understand the cause too. And probably under those circumstances I would do the same thing.

Best wishes in your endeavors.

Bask in the memories.
All of them. Even the knuckle busting ones.

:thankyou:

Some say it's a tragedy that you sold her.
My reply usually is " never owning the car, now that would have been the tragedy".

I get a ton of pleasure thinking about 53 years of the unique stories each and every car I have owned have given me.
There's never been a beige Toyota Camry in my driveway.

Now you got me thinking about writing The Whole Story of the Titanic 4 spd NYB.

Back