Long winded but I had to say it

Nice to come back and stumble over this great Story with a couple of your good photography.
Great thread, Dave. Did we see any similar info concerning the blue Polara Hardtop ?

Thanks for sharing Dave!

Passionate car people!

Too bad she wasn't on FCBO....

Every year that I'm at Carlisle....

I always search the showfield with extreme anxiety (Yes, I'm a pxxxy) hoping to find the caretakers of my 69 Bee and 73 Ralleye Challenger.

I'll find them again.........some year!

Nice story and connection.

One thing it does prove and that is a car dealer is never your friend even when you think so.

Way to go. I think this is perhaps the best non-fiction I have read. The car is a good one but the people involved, just wow.

One of the best stories I've read here or anywhere else, I only wish the Chrysler dealer that screwed them over could read it. This car could not be in better hands.

Nice story and connection.

One thing it does prove and that is a car dealer is never your friend even when you think so.

On the first trip to Tyrone Pa to visit and meet Adleen and Bob I first took the time to stop at the former site of Suburban Dodge in Duncansville .

IMG_9977.jpg

Then I went to Altoona to D & M Chrysler to talk to the man they sold the car to. I believe him to have been an owner of D & M. He was quiet and had no information he wanted to share. They sold him the car because they thought he collected old cars.

I have no problems with the series of events that unfolded for the car between Adleen and myself. If the road traveled had been any different I would not have had the car or the privilege of meeting the original owners. . . . .

IMG_9985.jpgIMG_9983.jpgIMG_9982.jpgIMG_9984.jpgIMG_9394.jpgIMG_9396.jpgIMG_9364.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to read my story and all the kind words .......

IMG_9977.jpg

IMG_9985.jpg

IMG_9983.jpg

IMG_9982.jpg

IMG_9984.jpg

IMG_9394.jpg

IMG_9396.jpg

IMG_9364.jpg

Nice to come back and stumble over this great Story with a couple of your good photography.
Great thread, Dave. Did we see any similar info concerning the blue Polara Hardtop ?

No, I have not. I do have all the owners names including the original owner. I believe he died at the young age of 56.

Where did you find the Blue Dodge?

My favorite of your cars!!!

Where did you find the Blue Dodge?

My favorite of your cars!!!

It was on a for sale site, I forget which one. The seller sent me a bunch of photos via the U S mail. He didnt accept my offer I had made then it hit e bay. It didnt sell for $5,500. I again made him an offer, no sale. It ran a second auction. The guy that bought it didnt buy it through e bay so I dont know what happened there. He flew in to Washington State and drove it home to Pennsylvania. He drove it into Carlisle that year and I was allover it. I did the ol' you ever want to sell I want to buy. After two /three years I pried it from his garage. Ive had it 8 years now

Polara Dave do you have a picture of your 2 70 polara convertibles together? I would love to see that.

Polara Dave do you have a picture of your 2 70 polara convertibles together? I would love to see that.

This is the only one, the weekend Missouri came home. The irony here is the car on the left was owned by Bob and Adleen and the other was owned by Bob and Jean.

187134 & 193510 2014.jpg

Thats not a Good photo though.

187134 & 193510 2014.jpg

This is the only one, the weekend Missouri came home. The irony here is the car on the left was owned by Bob and Adleen and the other was owned by Bob and Jean.

View attachment 61035

Thats not a Good photo though.
Man that is awesome!!! I would love to have two of the same car, that picture is going right in my Huge file or mopar **** lol.

It's certainly not a bad photo Dave.

That's a neat story. I tracked down the first civilian owner of my car as well. Must be a true car nut thing!

Back