Long winded but I had to say it

Completely original. .. that's the way I like them . Original paint well cared for cars

I agree. A restored car is nice but there will always be a shadow over how and what was done during the restro. That, plus a paint chip or small ding on an original is just another character mark rather then a blemish on a new paint job.

thank you for sharing and caring what an awesome story

ricks_RR

I agree. A restored car is nice but there will always be a shadow over how and what was done during the restro. That, plus a paint chip or small ding on an original is just another character mark rather then a blemish on a new paint job.

and as usual everyone of us as its own definition of patina, meaning when it is time to paint it........

Carsten

Fantastic! What a great story and as everyone has said, thank you for sharing! Great to see the pictures and read the story. What a great car as well! I had the same car pretty much but not a convert, same eng, color and the hub caps as well as a 383 2 door car. Loved it.

Fantastic! What a great story and as everyone has said, thank you for sharing! Great to see the pictures and read the story. What a great car as well! I had the same car pretty much but not a convert, same eng, color and the hub caps as well as a 383 2 door car. Loved it.
Please dig up some old photos and post them

I keep hoping the owner, (caretaker), of my original A12 Road Runner will track me down so that I can share it's story with them. I still have the window sticker off it. It still hasen't appeared in the A12 registery,

What color was your A12? My brother in law has one that is not in the registery.

If I remember right.....

Will traded in a 66/67 GTX or a Coronet with a 440 to buy the A12....

If I remember right.....

Will traded in a 66/67 GTX or a Coronet with a 440 to buy the A12....

Close...... I traded my 66 triple black Satellite 383 4sp. on it. I choose T5, (bronze fire metallic), accented with a black interior and all tinted glass for the A12

I only had one picture of that car and I have not seen it in years. I will get in touch with my friends mom, it was her car and I know she has pics of it.

Dave -- thank you for this thread. A great read.

Dave -- thank you for this thread. A great read.

X2 Dave.

I wish I knew the original owner of my NYB. A lot lizard got his hands on the NYB from the original owner. So I consider myself the 2nd owner.

This is inspiring me to do some more research on the history of mine. It was good to re-read this thread, thanks again!

PA seems to have a distinct vernacular. The houses are all built really close to the street. Other towns appear the same, by looking at google maps. I have only been to Gettysburg when I was a wee lad, that's it.

I don't know how I missed this post originally but that is an amazing story. I've been through Alexandra and stopped for lunch at Diner 22. The original owners of my car passed away before I bought mine but I may try to look up their relatives, I bought the car from her niece, after I get it restored.

I hope when I get mine restored, I can take a road trip back to Diner 22 in Alexandria for lunch in honor of Adleen.

I certainly hope the next caretaker appreciates what they're getting and treats her with the respect and care she deserves.

Wow, where was I when this first was posted? Dave, very cool story, thanks for sharing. I was already thinking about it, but I contacted one of the previous owners of my 500 tonight, and I learned how the fender came to being replaced. It's always cool to know more about the story behind the car. I hope to learn from two other owners their part of the tale.

Last edited:
Back