Longest trip

LatPeahy

Reaction score
just out of curiosity, what's the longest/farthest trip anyone's taken in their C body?

Mine was a 30 mile round trip. I live in the mountains so it was a lot of hilly, winding roads. Car did good and it was back before I did the brakes and had the motor semi dialed in

Did Spring and FallFling on a Regular basis from WA state. 2800 miles round trip plus all the cruising in SoCal. 67 Fury Vert with a 440/727.

Calgary to SantaFe via I25, then along Rte66 to Santa Monica, and then up the 101. Then up through WA and crossed back into Canada by way of the Okanagon in BC. That was a 3 week trip, and 4500 miles in a 69 300 convertible.

When I got the Other Polara I drove it 1400 miles home.

On the trip somewhere in Idaho (with near bald tires)
2009-11-14_17.jpg

A few months after finishing my Barracuda I took it to Oregon a 2200 mile roundtrip.

Mount Hood Oregon, near the apex of the trip.
2009-08-23_06.jpg

MrMopar.com! - Oregon 2009

Alan

Last edited:
I guess mine was to Moparfest . About a 9 hour trip each way but it hardly bears mentioning around the others

Last May/June we took the Imp to upstate NY and into Boston and back. It was just over 2 weeks and totaled 2200 miles. Last year I put 6,625 miles total on it total. Here's a pic from NY.
IMG_1554.JPG

My wife & I took the Polara on a road trip last fall down through NY>PA>OH>MI>IN> then down to KY then west to Memphis, TN to see the king> up to St. Louis, MO to pick up some friends then over into IL on route #66 then bee-lined it down to Gulfport, MS for the Cruising the coast with a final destination of New Orleans, LA.
Stayed for a few days there then beelined it back up to St. Louis, MO then home

Met with Zymurgy - Great guy with a beautiful car and family

Total rain? 0" the wipers were never required:thumbsup:
In fat at first we had to put the top up to keep from getting sunburned!
Total cost of trip? I don't want to know LOL!!
Total 4600 miles on the dot departing on September 19th and getting home October 10th
Getting to do this road trip of a life time in a classic convertible?
PRICELESS!!!:rolleyes:
IMG_0668.JPG

Last edited:
Drove my 68 Monaco from Blaine, WA to Montreal, QC. Did the whole run in 5 days without a hiccup UNTIL about 15 minutes outside Montreal when I sorta stopped checking the temp gauge. Heard a knock THEN looked at the temp gauge which was way up. Torched a wrist pin.

All that said, probably the most satisfying ride I've ever taken esp the Canadian Rockies.. fixing the piston/cylinder parallel parked in front of my new apartment in Montreal was pretty rad too.

I haven't yet had the occasion to do any long trips with my current NYer, but the one I had in the early 90's I drove from TX to PA a number of times and PA to CO. It was my daily driver and it took me all over the place.

I drove the Sport Fury in my avatar pic from Phoenix to NYC, and then from NYC to LA. Car had the original 318 in it, 160K on the odometer. Had never been rebuilt.

Well I've had my Fury for awhile and I've driven it from Newfoundland across Canada to the west coast of Vancouver Island. It also rolled as far south as Florida and visited most states all along the east coast. I haven't taken it down the west coast, but I considering a run down to visit my brother in Houston TX. As many have discovered, Fury's don't much like city traffic, but man oh man do they love the open highway!!

We've put a few miles on both Jazabelle and the Admiral on extended road trips. The Admiral almost always travels with Connie hooked on the back.

DSC02702.JPG

DSC_016-7.jpg
Longest trip with this car has been about 300 miles. Don't want to do any more long trips until I address ball joints, tie rod ends and brakes. Then I plan to take it home to Michigan during a summer visit. That will be in the neighborhood of 3000 miles.

Back