For Sale Looking to buy 67 or 68 Imperial Sedan

Status
Not open for further replies.

coco

Reaction score
Contact seller
New member from Scotland here, been lurking around for a few months trying to find out more about owning an Imperial.

I have seen quite a few for sale in the past and several for sale at the moment, but they always seem to be green ! inside/outside or both ! Not a fan at all of green cars, but thats just me. I'm after a sedan, preferable if a Lebaron or the hardtop to give the all windows down open look. Coupes look nice but not so passenger friendly, again thats just me.

I want a car that has been looked after, no restoration required, though think I could handle the replacement veneering on dash and doors. ( I'm a cabinet maker to trade) Often thought different type of woods would make these beautiful cars look even better.

I love this car, but not enough doors, nothing to do but drive it, even the non stock wheels dont look out of place, in my opinion that is...

So if anyone is looking to sell a 67 or 68 Imperial Sedan give me a shout please and hope to learn a bit more reading through all the threads.

DSC93391.jpg

DSC93881.jpg

You know the coupes aren’t that hard to get in and out of the back seat especially on the passenger side with the extra door handle and automatic seat.:)

Thanks for the reply my friend:thumbsup: but only 4 doors for me !

I can´t help, but are you looking for a sedan or a 4-door hardtop?

4DHT is my personal preference on Imperials as well. But that's for looks, not logistics. Unless you have passengers with mobility issues, the coupes really do give a lot more access than you would think. (Caveat: my perspective is from 2dr Fuselage) Good luck and welcome to the community.

Love the 4 door cars for looks and practicality, not had a 2 door car since I was 25 and dont miss them ! Looking for a car to maintain not to fix up, but I might change the wood to something nicer, maybe a burr ( or burl I think you say there ) or quilted such as this, if the veneer is cracked etc...

587224_orig.jpg

Good luck with your search! You have great taste in cars!

a couple of REAL nice '67 sedans have shown up on here lately, at pretty reasonable prices. Don't write them off just because of a "post" around the doors. Having owned both, I have become a sedan fan......good luck with your search.

Thanks for the replies and advice guys but I'm only interested in those cars, would not matter what the price was or condition. This will be a first and last buy for me, it is so expensive to ship and pay all the taxes to import,(based on shipping costs and the value of the car) that I have to be quite sure of what I buy.

Maybe I'll get lucky and a member will find a coupe, which are usually more popular, and pass on his or her 4 door to me ? my fingers are crossed...

Pricey indeed ! 21k miles may have something to do with it, nice colour combo though....

I love the 67s. Just think the grille is much cleaner looking. The Imperial is a car that just as impressive in 2dr or 4dr versions.
Hey Matt, any problem areas that he should look for when looking at these cars?

Last edited:
This one has been on here a couple of times before, but for the new member: 1968 Imperial Lebaron--rare
440 motor...starts, runs, and stops well. Body solid...paint faded in spots. New starter, fuel tank, fuel lines, and tires. Interior good, no rips. Carpet could be replaced or can just be cleaned. FYI...at this price don't expect perfection...there are some issues that need to be addressed eventually such as some electical problems(power windows: some work, some don't), the a/c doesn't blow cold, headlight switch needs to be replaced. All of the chrome is present and very clean. The car is definitely an eye-turner and gets compliments as-is. I will consider trades on certain vehicles...I'm into 80s cars and/or mustangs...whatcha got? I don't need help selling.
00101_gZUPfLb0DTw_1200x900.jpg

00101_7VprSPPL0nL_1200x900.jpg

00t0t_6UhbIbOyntV_1200x900.jpg

00l0l_9072bOVQI2v_1200x900.jpg

I love the 67s. Just think the grille is much cleaner looking. The Imperial is a car that just as impressive in 2dr or 4dr versions.
Hey Matt, any problem areas that he should look for when looking at these cars?
All the usual C-body rust-prone areas need to be checked and it’d be nice to know what was last done to the front brakes and when?
If it’s a tilt/tele car make sure the turn signals work because if they don’t, well I’m not even sure what to tell you. I’m not a big ac fan but there’s always the whole autotemp argument.

Not a LeBaron, but a nice and very clean car: 1967 Chrysler Imperial Crown 4 Door 440 Nevada Car $5,500
1967 Chrysler Imperial Crown 4 Door Hardtop 440 Auto

88,000 Miles

Nevada Car Rust-Free

440 V-8, 727 Auto

Leather Interior Like New

Power Everything

Great Tires

Runs/Drives Nice

Original Paint in Great Condition

Any Questions Call Todd show contact info
View attachment 238511
View attachment 238512
View attachment 238513
View attachment 238514

This is a nice Crown, but needs WSW tires.

Morning guys, both cars are needing work, not my thing ! Would rather pay more for a car which needs nothing. The Nevada car has a ripped driver seat and the dash is cracked, seat insert colour looks too green for me too! however minor an issue that may seem to you...
Other car has too many issues, but thanks for the links.

I do look for cars on CL but I'd rather buy a car direct from a member.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back