WANTED Looking to buy a 1965-66 Imperial Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! What do you think of the condition of the car? Would cost another $20K to bring to a state where it would be worth $15K? :)

Thanks! What do you think of the condition of the car? Would cost another $20K to bring to a state where it would be worth $15K? :)
Maybe be more specific about what you're looking for; budget, colour, etc. The yellow '66 that member patrick66 owns is pretty nice, might pay to respond to someone willing to sell their car or else people might think that you're just pulling our chain.

Maybe be more specific about what you're looking for; budget, colour, etc. The yellow '66 that member patrick66 owns is pretty nice, might pay to respond to someone willing to sell their car or else people might think that you're just pulling our chain.
I have indeed responded to Patrick66 and reviewed his wonderful account of the restoration. Unfortunately, yellow is one of the few colors I happen to dislike (some childhood trauma, I bet). Regarding your questions: my budget is $30K; it doesn't mean that I won't go over it for something special, but since my stock portfolio has taken a 30% tumble this year, available cash is harder to find. Color - black, green, blue, white, red; green's my favorite, but given the paucity of Imperials, I can't be overly choosy. Looking for an honest car that is roadworthy and won't require overly expensive repairs in the near future. Basically, nice paint and nice interior is important - those matters are awfully expensive to rectify well. But this is not my first rodeo, so I am not oblivious that I'm looking for a 55+ year old car on a limited budget! Thanks again! Leo

I have indeed responded to Patrick66 and reviewed his wonderful account of the restoration. Unfortunately, yellow is one of the few colors I happen to dislike (some childhood trauma, I bet). Regarding your questions: my budget is $30K; it doesn't mean that I won't go over it for something special, but since my stock portfolio has taken a 30% tumble this year, available cash is harder to find. Color - black, green, blue, white, red; green's my favorite, but given the paucity of Imperials, I can't be overly choosy. Looking for an honest car that is roadworthy and won't require overly expensive repairs in the near future. Basically, nice paint and nice interior is important - those matters are awfully expensive to rectify well. But this is not my first rodeo, so I am not oblivious that I'm looking for a 55+ year old car on a limited budget! Thanks again! Leo
No worries, if one comes up I'll post the link here.

Of the 514 '66 Imperial convertibles built, an estimated 100-120 are out there, not including what can only be considered parts cars. Of the '64-'65-'66 convertible production, the '66 is the fewest. Every one out there, save for two amazing specimens I've run across, will need work of some kind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back