Looking to buy a 69/70 Polara Convertible (south central PA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, via email, it is a 318 car, he asked me to give him a buzz for any further info. I asked several other q's in my email that he did not answer, but that's normal, nobody ever does, or they lie when they do.

he does not have any more pics right now and i have nobody to look at it, so it's a wash right now.

i might end up buying this car

184369 2009 left quarter.jpgPolara017.jpg184369 2007 engine.jpg

184369 2009 left quarter.jpg

Polara017.jpg

184369 2007 engine.jpg

HMMMM, That car looks like it's in my area. Sure looks like the dessert around Phoenix.

it was there......as a matter of fact, the owners are living in NJ right now but left last week to go back to AZ until around thanksgiving - to the Maricopa area.

the underside is pretty nice too, only prob is tha it has a bench seat/col shift

Car looks very nice but why would you settle for something not up to your standards?

well, 2 things:

1, i haven't settled yet, but of the 9 polara rags that i know of that are for sale or sort of for sale right now, it is the best candidate
2, i do not know if the perfect car for me is even out there, they are either top shelf and cost too much or need full resto.

I think there are a few gems hiding in storage, polara71 and i are trying to flush them out.........and a SB is not an option

That is a beautiful vert with a great color combo! IMO I wouldn't let the column auto thing make or brake the deal for you. I can't think of too many options I would want more in a B or E body then a floor shift but I don't even think twice about it in the Imp.

Mark, pull the trigger on this one before it's gone. And don't sell this one!

dunno...now i am liking that '69 300 ragtop in ND. in any event, i cannot pull this trigger until at least late november.

and yes Stan, i need to be really careful, i promised the missus I'd keep whatever i bought for at least 2 yrs.

where is polara71..I'm sure he'll have plenty to say about this

Last edited:
Here I am..........This is a nice car, Arizona solid. It also has a Arizona interior, which means it will need work. The owner is an honest fellow, I have known him and his wife for many years.

Mark wants a list of original options that are difficult to locate on a 43 years old car that they didnt make many of. To top it off he want's a nice original car and after thirty years of looking I havent seen the car he has been looking for. Mark is playing the law of averages and saying then the car he is looking for is due to show up. I say........its unlikely.

The burgundy car was the one you wanted, the best car for the money with a full tag of options.

Here I am..........This is a nice car, Arizona solid. It also has a Arizona interior, which means it will need work. The owner is an honest fellow, I have known him and his wife for many years.

Mark wants a list of original options that are difficult to locate on a 43 years old car that they didnt make many of. To top it off he want's a nice original car and after thirty years of looking I havent seen the car he has been looking for. Mark is playing the law of averages and saying then the car he is looking for is due to show up. I say........its unlikely.

The burgundy car was the one you wanted, the best car for the money with a full tag of options.

If by chance the perfect car that Mark wants shows up...it'll be 100% perfect with 31 total miles on it and priced out of the stratsophere.

dunno...now i am liking that '69 300 ragtop in ND. in any event, i cannot pull this trigger until at least late november.
If the one that Stan posted in the "for sale" forum dosen't do it for you.... I'm afraid you may need prosessional help.....

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/ctd/3258997409.html

I've seen this car before.......I like it a lot, but it's 16K, plus abt 1500 to get it over here, well, you guys do the math. that's waaayyyy more than i can afford right now. were it near me i could a least try to dicker somewhat, but when you add the cost of getting it here, game over

You could have said it in less words with "since you sold the optioned 383-4 polara i found you, you can at least buy the other decent one that is for sale" (which i very well may)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back