Looking to buy a Fury III, advice on a located car / warning signs?

Great car . Drive it every chance you get, It’s guaranteed to put a smile on your face every time. I have 69 sport convertible my self

Here's the carb - seems to be "1805 S 1702" - which is a Thunder AVS 650CFM with manual choke according to the Edelbrock site.

1805s.jpg

Last edited:
So several years ago I gave away my axle stands and I think the jack was stolen at some point - anyway I have to buy all new ones.

Any recommendations for axle stand width / positioning under car? I see a lot have curved 'cups' at the top of the stand - they were all flat with raised edges before.

Where's the safest place to lift with a trolley jack? I'll have to look at low profile ones due to the car ride height - also considering a pair of those drive on ramps with jacks in the ends.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SwitZer-Vehicle-Hydraulic-Height-Adjustable/dp/B00X2BVB84/ref=sr_1_5

Last edited:
I wonder how many things like this I'm going to uncover - that'll be why it's a complete pig when cold, the choke must be locked open - there's nothing connected to it.

I wonder how many things like this I'm going to uncover - that'll be why it's a complete pig when cold, the choke must be locked open - there's nothing connected to it.

That sounds weird. My Imperial (Impster) has a manual choke, but it`s nothing like a pig when cold. Does your Fury run too rich and blow smoke and the smell of unburned gas through the exhaust system? Could it be something related to that I have a Holley instead of an Edelbrock?

A5 172.jpg

No smoke at all, the exhaust looks as clean as my daily car, just water vapour. The weather here at the moment is about 7c (45f), it was similar at the weekend and the car just kept wanting to stall when it first fired.

Well, today the car is dead. The storage people wanted to move it, they put the key in and apparently nothing happened. No dash lights, no starter, nothing at all. The battery conditioner says it's fine and didn't even need a charge.

Just been looking at the wiring diagram and I forgot to ask them - I wonder if it's been left in neutral? I'll be there tomorrow as I was planning to top up the transmission fluid if we get the car running again.

Well, today the car is dead. The storage people wanted to move it, they put the key in and apparently nothing happened. No dash lights, no starter, nothing at all. The battery conditioner says it's fine and didn't even need a charge.

Just been looking at the wiring diagram and I forgot to ask them - I wonder if it's been left in neutral? I'll be there tomorrow as I was planning to top up the transmission fluid if we get the car running again.
Check the fusible link... should look like this...

20181122_153652.jpg

Here's the best photo I currently have of that side of the engine bay - little grey connector block with the yellow wires each side? Looks like a section of that has been replaced in the past, yellow joined to red, red folded and taped, probably connects to yellow again as it goes back into the loom. Looks like it ends up at the starter relay.

There's an at least 50% chance it's in neutral too - what symptoms would you get with NSS being engaged? I guess measuring the yellow connector on the starter relay against ground would show if the link is intact? Never had to deal with one before.

bayleft.jpg

Well I found the wiring diagram - 69 Plymouth service manual section 8-119. Confirms three things:

1) Fusible link is a #16 wire, shame it doesn't say how long it was supposed to be.
2) The yellow wire should really be red.
3) The NSS would certainly stop it trying to turn over, can't really tell if it would kill the oil light.

Ok that little connector is actually a fuse holder, someone put that in instead of a fusible link - 30amp twin blade car fuse. It's running again!

Does anyone know if the Fury II and III 1969 fender skirts are the same thing, or if the 1970 ones fit a 69?

Ebay has some Fury II 1969 ones and some Fury III 1970

So several years ago I gave away my axle stands and I think the jack was stolen at some point - anyway I have to buy all new ones.

Any recommendations for axle stand width / positioning under car? I see a lot have curved 'cups' at the top of the stand - they were all flat with raised edges before.

Where's the safest place to lift with a trolley jack? I'll have to look at low profile ones due to the car ride height - also considering a pair of those drive on ramps with jacks in the ends.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SwitZer-Vehicle-Hydraulic-Height-Adjustable/dp/B00X2BVB84/ref=sr_1_5
I’m pulling my drums tonight. I use these dudes. Harbor frt or any parts store. Don’t use ramps. Don’t get killed. I also set a cinderblock or a big chunk of wood under there for cribbing so it don’t crush me. I watched my idiot buddy get run over by our coronet RT and that lighter aluminum 6 pack intake manifold didn’t make one bit of difference to his collar bone. Be safe. I’ll post a pic when it’s up in the air.

D1CED11D-753C-4D8F-B70F-5F221F8F1AAC.jpeg

993040F8-7A89-40D5-9882-44A8A0B214E2.jpeg

576844B9-CFCA-4F55-B418-D209DAB4D49F.jpeg

Yeah I picked up a set very similar to that but with optional rubber caps, and a mighty 3 ton low profile trolley jack.I guess jacking it up on the diff is safe - what about a good front jacking point?

Back