Love It or Hate It

I know...It's not like the car has badges all over it along with the show information card on the windsheild.:sSig_goodjob:

Finally got around to wet sanding and buffing the roof out. Came out pretty well. No sun shots yet, but you can see mirror like reflection in it now. Before it was a little orange peely and blurry.
Sorry for the small pics. Photobucket wouldnt load up for some reason.

IMG_20140309_140134624.jpg

IMG_20140309_155226029.jpg

IMG_20140310_164409626.jpg

I remember reading this thread when I joined a while back. Nice to see the additional work on it. I love the panels. Growing up in the LA area, there were lots of low riders around, and I still get stoked when I see them. I have a particular nostalgia for the geometric panels on the sides of Monte Carlos in shades of brown.

A question about technique: You used the lace as a mask for painting, and then pulled it off, right? If so, did you have to do any prep work to get it to pull cleanly?

Why I've not looked at this previously is beyond me! The top is tits! I'm looking to do the very same thing to the top of my lowered '68 Dodge D100 pickup. It's got a Sid's 3" dropped front axle on stock springs, and a set of modded rear axle hangers that lower the rear 3" as well, without frame notching or spring mods. It does have front axle shims (4*) and a shortened Pitman arm to prevent bumpsteer. It's a blue truck (close to B5) with the factory white textured top. Sanding that down it going to be the hardest physical part, IMO.

Your car sits beautifully! It took me a few years to warm up to lowered rides. I've seen some serious junk, but have also seen more cars that have the perfect stance and still be perfectly drivable vehicles. Not many Mopars, though. Very nice Chrysler!

You know a couple of guys out in Aurora that have a pair of kustom '55 Cadillacs, by chance???

I remember reading this thread when I joined a while back. Nice to see the additional work on it. I love the panels. Growing up in the LA area, there were lots of low riders around, and I still get stoked when I see them. I have a particular nostalgia for the geometric panels on the sides of Monte Carlos in shades of brown.

A question about technique: You used the lace as a mask for painting, and then pulled it off, right? If so, did you have to do any prep work to get it to pull cleanly?

We waited about 20-30 minutes after we shot the kandy before we pulled the lace off. It just came right up, no issues at all.

Why I've not looked at this previously is beyond me! The top is tits! I'm looking to do the very same thing to the top of my lowered '68 Dodge D100 pickup. It's got a Sid's 3" dropped front axle on stock springs, and a set of modded rear axle hangers that lower the rear 3" as well, without frame notching or spring mods. It does have front axle shims (4*) and a shortened Pitman arm to prevent bumpsteer. It's a blue truck (close to B5) with the factory white textured top. Sanding that down it going to be the hardest physical part, IMO.

Your car sits beautifully! It took me a few years to warm up to lowered rides. I've seen some serious junk, but have also seen more cars that have the perfect stance and still be perfectly drivable vehicles. Not many Mopars, though. Very nice Chrysler!

You know a couple of guys out in Aurora that have a pair of kustom '55 Cadillacs, by chance???

One's pink and one is green? I believe they're brothers. I dont remember seeing them at all last season, but I also stay on the west side of Denver for the most part.

Yup, those are the cars! I met them at the KKOA run in Salina, KS two years ago. Those boys are a riot, and yes, they're brothers. Both cars are just immaculate! They've driven those cars to the Moab Spring show, and other cool road trip events. They are never trailered, either, which is very cool.

Back