Low low vacuum at idle

Let me tell you that you might be on to something. I have just put a 90amp powermaster in my car and it seems to idle lots better, now that i actually get 14volt at the battery while idling. Cant say about the vacuum yet, need to check that out.

Last edited:
Hey guys I have some updates about this situation.

Right now I'm running the smaller primary jet with the bigger metering rod that Holley makes for the street demon carb but my plugs are still black as carbon ! so took the car to a exhaust analyzer and If I'm right according to the results the car actually is running extremely lean so I don't know what can I do

Tomorrow I'm going to finish the new wiring for my 65000 volts pertronix coil and try with my old carter instead the demon

IMG_6028.JPG

yes, you want at least lambda 0.95 to 0.85. that would equal somwhere around 13:1 afr. You are running quite lean.

the sparks could be too cold of heatrange, I dont recall, have you tried new plugs?! Looking at the CO value, it also indicates lean, try to set idle so that CO is about 3 to 3.5%.

the sparks could be too cold of heatrange, I dont recall, have you tried new plugs?! Looking at the CO value, it also indicates lean, try to set idle so that CO is about 3 to 3.5%.

I'm using New motorcraft sparks, Also have a kit of champion 404 but them looks exactly like the motorcraft

Back