Lowering question

The original Imp never happened.
The Pimperial "rides like a hay wagon".
The Polara "runs like ****".
Son, remember two years ago when I said....
rofl.gif

Just kidding Ross. You have put in a ton of blood, sweat, tears, and money and put up with my razzing. That alone deserves my respect.
thumbs_up_smiley.gif
The Polara runs great. The Imp runs like **** & rides like a hay wagon. And I've managed to do all of that myself...

It will ride like **** but that's the price you pay for looking cool. QUOTE]
I'm not to clear on the "looking cool" part. Looking "broken" would be a better discription.

Cool .... would be the front at OEM ride heigth and the rear up just a touch.

Yea, that's real cool in an 80's sort of way.

He's my hero. I want to hang his picture on the living room wall but my Commie pinko bleeding heart liberal wife won't let me...

Never really cared for her. Maybe my standards are higher. Don't get me wrong she had a rock in body but the face was always a bit to masculine for me. Then the butch hair cuts... And those razor thin lips.. meh.

Never really cared for her. Maybe my standards are higher. Don't get me wrong she had a rock in body but the face was always a bit to masculine for me. Then the butch hair cuts... And those razor thin lips.. meh.

You might have been on the wrong website .. you are describing this

Fake_Jamie_Lee_Curtis.jpg

Not this

jamie-lee-curtis-3.jpg

Nope I know to which woman I refer.

Nah for my thin lip girl watching dollar I'd go with Kat Foster any day over Jamie Curtis.

kat_foster_kat_foster_in_weeds_lqB73KCK.sized.jpg

Nothing

kat_foster_11_by_ken878-d62idl5.jpg

FYI her facial structure and thin upper lip looks A LOT like Jamie Lee generally except less attractive and w/o the massively stacked boobcilcles

elle_women_43_wenn1621790.jpg

It's alright she's not my fantasy girl anyway. She could ride in my lowered car gratis if I had one... Jamie Curtis I'd ask her to help pay for gas.

The original Imp never happened.

What is this original Imp of which you speak?

Here's my understanding of why Chryslers ride so poorly when lowered: the "ride height adjustment" everyone talks about is not true ride height adjustment. The ride height is being changed with changes in spring preload. When you crank up the adjusters, you are moving the spring into a stiffer part of its travel. When you crank them down, they are in a softer part.

When I adjusted my Imperial up to factory specs, I was really impressed with how much less it wallowed. It was riding up and firmer at the same time. Lowering will give you less travel and softer travel, so it will be bouncy.

My my theory is that you could run stiffer (thicker) bars with less preload and get a better ride out of a lowered car. That's just conjecture, though. Someone with engineering skills could probably do the math and give a better answer.

Why couldn't you take two inches out of the front springs? What about fabing up a air bag system? The air bag system will allow you to lower it when you want to, then raise it when needed.

Thanks

Eric

Back