Lowes Cruise 10-5-2012

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
20121005_193927.jpg20121005_193942.jpg20121005_193951.jpg20121005_194011.jpg20121005_194012.jpg

20121005_193927.jpg

20121005_193942.jpg

20121005_193951.jpg

20121005_194011.jpg

20121005_194012.jpg

20121005_185717.jpg

I have other pictures that I have to resize later.

20121005_185717.jpg

Sunroof 73'dart with a 340......sweet...........what with the picture being blurry? You werent cold were you?

Sunroof 73'dart with a 340......sweet...........what with the picture being blurry? You werent cold were you?

No, the temp was in the 70's. Still nice. I had to use my phone. I couldn't hear the camera click because of engine noise from nearby cars and I moved it before the shutter open and closed. Not bad considering the pic's were taken with my phone.

That Sunroof Dart looked liked it came out of a time capsule. It had white seats that looked liked no one ever sat on them. He came rolling in with the Gold Charger. The Charger had a 383. They both sounded very healthy!

Forgive me but I can't tell....is that the NY'r in the background, 3rd pic w/ hood up? Gotta nice shine to it.

Yep, that's the NY'er. It's a nice 10' car. I have a good body & paint guy that may be able to get to it this spring for body work and late summer for paint. The Lowe's cruise usually run to the end of October and maybe the beginning of November. It really depends on weather. There was only about 100 cars tops there this Friday. Normally 200 and as many as 300 cars on most Fridays. I see licence from 5 states so there is a lot of out of towners constantly coming to the show. It's about 2 minutes from I-95 (Exit 77-B) towards BelAir.

Yep, that's the NY'er. It's a nice 10' car. I have a good body & paint guy that may be able to get to it this spring for body work and late summer for paint. The Lowe's cruise usually run to the end of October and maybe the beginning of November. It really depends on weather. There was only about 100 cars tops there this Friday. Normally 200 and as many as 300 cars on most Fridays. I see licence from 5 states so there is a lot of out of towners constantly coming to the show. It's about 2 minutes from I-95 (Exit 77-B) towards BelAir.

It's a free event too, right? Just looking for a compelling excuse to sit my butt in the car and drive down, esp. since it sounds like its about to end for the season.

I need good weather, I have talked dad into driving down with me.....but its gotta be warmer than what it has been.

It's a free event too, right? Just looking for a compelling excuse to sit my butt in the car and drive down, esp. since it sounds like its about to end for the season.

Officially it's free.....but they ask for a $1 and give you a raffle ticket for a chance to get a free $50 Lowe's gift card. They give away a bunch of those gift cards every Friday. During the summer they give away a lot of other free gifts from the local parts and speed shops. There's a DJ and usually a trailer or two selling burgers, pit beef, hot dogs, etc. There's many place close by to eat. BelAir is about 7-9 minutes away with a ton of big resturants and numerous other resturants along the road going there too. There's a 20 screen theatre a few blocks away as wll as a lot of places for women to shop within a small radius of Lowe's.

Yeah, the end of warm summer evenings draws near.

It did get cold after the sun went down. Only about a 1/3 of the normal crowd was there this last Friday. I expect the same or less for the rest of this season. Heck, it's only in the 50's here today.

Wow, I didn't know about all that....although I bet you probably mentioned in the past and I forgot.

"they give away a lot of other free gifts from the local parts and speed shops."

THAT'S what I'm talkin' bout. I love that word "FREE",lol. esp. free speed shop stuff, Oh yea!

It did get cold after the sun went down. Only about a 1/3 of the normal crowd was there this last Friday. I expect the same or less for the rest of this season. Heck, it's only in the 50's here today.

Same here....50's a dreary/rainy. Enjoying the fireplace for the first "real" fall day of the season.

Gorgeous day up here today, sunny and pushing 70. Washed the Buick this morning, trimmed about 100 feet of hedge this afternoon along with some other yard work. But these days are numbered for sure.

Rained here, played five hours of pinochle and dealt with you fellows. I cant wait for summer!

Back