Making progress on the 1961 Dodge Polara CHP Squad car

61CopCar

Reaction score
We got the 61 Dodge running this week! On to the body shop of painting. Before and current state picture since June. A rapid process of remove damaged fenders and tearing down the engine to fix and oil pressure issue.

287556752_10158251502301207_8120560290882416414_nddsd.jpg

current.jpg

current 2.jpg

Depends what year we are talking about. All the engines were silver late 50’s & early 60’s

Depends what year we are talking about. All the engines were silver late 50’s & early 60’s
Yes, and my mechanic was supposed to paint it silver, but claimed he could not find the correct paint. Argh

Watched an episode of Peter Gunn, season three episode 15, a bullet in escrow, around 11 minutes, 25 seconds into the episode the police LT pulls up in a 1961 Plymouth Belvedere police car, all black, and pretty cool looking. That's why I like the cop car look.

Been a while since you posted, but I feel I have to comment. As a new owner of a 1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer with those same way cool fins, I saw, "What an awesome car" I hope you still have it and someday I can see it at an event someday!
Sorry to repeat myself, but, "Way cool!"

Been a while since you posted, but I feel I have to comment. As a new owner of a 1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer with those same way cool fins, I saw, "What an awesome car" I hope you still have it and someday I can see it at an event someday!
Sorry to repeat myself, but, "Way cool!"
I drove it last week for a quick test drive, reassembling the dashboard then on to the body shop

Back