Mega Mopar Show and Race this weekend at Maple Grove Raceway, Pa

I won't be able to go to the show. I can barely move today.

Have I seen you tooling around the area in this thing?? I recall seeing a purple challenger just like that one more than a few times in these parts.

Not down your way. When I was looking Spirit had one with white stripes perhaps that is the one.

I won't be able to go to the show. I can barely move today.

Thats too bad, you would have enjoyed it I am sure.

I was considering going but my better judgement tells me to stay home and do chores. With the events that are coming up in July I'll need the money then.

I really wanted to go to this show. I've been to Maple Grove many times for the National NHRA and ProMod races but I have never been to the Mega Mopar Show. I've got the NY'er loaded already. Well, maybe next year. I've got to slow way down for the next week. I don't want to make my neck/back any worse with the Carlisle show coming up in less than month.

I think I am going to go tomorow with my 72 Imperial la Baron unless it rain...

Not down your way. When I was looking Spirit had one with white stripes perhaps that is the one.

Ya, maybe it was that one. I've noticed there are many new Challengers in my area; some are just lo option 6/banger models, but I have seen 2 or 3 RT/SRT models tooling along center sq rd., we mostly exchange thumbs up passing by each other. More than a few times I end up next to one at the intersection/stop light located right before the rt. 295 on ramp. I like the styling "cues" that hearken back to the original, but I think they could have made the nostrils a little larger.
2cents

So tomorrow is out?[/QUOTE

I'm certain that I won't be able to sit or turn my head for a couple of days. I'll have to get treatment monday.

Looks like the fingers are working just fine ....Get well for Carlisle thats what is important. The Moparts board is saying it was a bad turnout, worse than last year.

Ya, maybe it was that one. I've noticed there are many new Challengers in my area; some are just lo option 6/banger models, but I have seen 2 or 3 RT/SRT models tooling along center sq rd., we mostly exchange thumbs up passing by each other. More than a few times I end up next to one at the intersection/stop light located right before the rt. 295 on ramp. I like the styling "cues" that hearken back to the original, but I think they could have made the nostrils a little larger.
2cents

There is an Orange r/t in the Westbrook area. I also noticed plenty of 6's on CSR.......

I liked the concept car look a bit better and I wish they would have updated the taillights and grille a bit over this five year run. The concept had 71' cues that never made production, the gave it more of a 70 look.

maple grove

I was at the race show sunday..
It was very hot, and very few cars at the show.. but my son liked it, first time to see some races ...
We got third place in C body class...

resized_3.jpg

Is that your car? Beautiful if it is. I'm glad your son got to see his first race. There's another huge race at Maple grove that I'm sure your son would love to see if he likes fast cars. I posted a link. It's the ProMod race July 20-21. Adults $23 or $35 for the whole weekend, teens 13-15 years $10, 12 and younger free. Sounds like I'm a promoter...I just want to inform people of a fast race that's relatively cheap to go see. You can walk up to the race cars and talk to the drivers and crew. They are very friendly. Most belong to the Northeast Outlaw ProMod Association and run 5.90 ET's at 240 mph.

http://www.maplegroveraceway.com/blog/?page_id=7522

It takes a minute or so fo the Northeast Outlaw ProMod link to open

http://www.neoutlawpromods.com/

Last edited:
Yes my car, its also on the other post about fuselage look...
I am going to go to Chrysler Carlisle too like each year with a different car, I hope with my 57 Imperial crown coupe...

Great! I'm looking forward to meeting you. Can you give a sneak peek picture of the 57 Imp?

What a beautiful Imperial!!!! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait for Carlisle.

I couldnt wait since last July 14th

I have already started to get ready. Tool boxes checked and packed. Lawn chair, canopy packed, coolers cleaned out, parts list written, etc. Shouldn't we be receiving our credentials/window sticker in the mail from Carlisle Events pretty soon?

Back