Motor mounts

See also:

This is for A-body because, perhaps, the concept of a slant-6 in a C body was not very common. I wonder how that bracket would bolt-up for the application being considered.

Last edited:
Trans-Dapt also makes a lot of conversion mounts for engine swaps. Not sure about the C-body application, but id look them up....seems they are reasonable too

Does anyone know of any engine mounts I can use to put a 318 in a 68 fury where a slant six used to reside?
Mounting systems are completely different. Your would need to change the stub frame or find a junk yard car and cut out the V-8 steel supports for the mounts and weld them to your frame.

Dave

[/URL]

See also:

[/URL]

This is for A-body because, perhaps, the concept of a slant-6 in a C body was not very common. I wonder how that bracket would bolt-up for the application being considered.
Yeah I was also wondering if anyone else had tried it but that would be a 180 dollar gamble

I am planning on doing the same swap. I have a '67 Fury 4 door hard top with a bent stub frame and a nice stub frame from a '67 Fury I that had a slant 6 originally. The diagrams in my service manual show both frames to be the same except where the engine mounts attach. I have another frame from a Fury II that had a 318 but is incomplete and rusted but has good front cross-member mounting brackets.
The way I want to do it is to remove the engine and transmission from the hardtop along with the bent frame then remove the slant 6 brackets from the good frame. Once I have the the 318 brackets from the junk frame removed, I will bolt those with the mounts to the 318 block and after carefully measuring the position, I will attach the rear transmission mount and lower the engine with transmission into position and once the mounts are in the correct spot on the front cross-member, I will weld them in place then put everything back in the car. I think it will be easier that way to get the brackets placed correctly. Careful measuring and patience is the key here I think. I am 81 and working outside so progress is slow but steady.

I am planning on doing the same swap. I have a '67 Fury 4 door hard top with a bent stub frame and a nice stub frame from a '67 Fury I that had a slant 6 originally. The diagrams in my service manual show both frames to be the same except where the engine mounts attach. I have another frame from a Fury II that had a 318 but is incomplete and rusted but has good front cross-member mounting brackets.
The way I want to do it is to remove the engine and transmission from the hardtop along with the bent frame then remove the slant 6 brackets from the good frame. Once I have the the 318 brackets from the junk frame removed, I will bolt those with the mounts to the 318 block and after carefully measuring the position, I will attach the rear transmission mount and lower the engine with transmission into position and once the mounts are in the correct spot on the front cross-member, I will weld them in place then put everything back in the car. I think it will be easier that way to get the brackets placed correctly. Careful measuring and patience is the key here I think. I am 81 and working outside so progress is slow but steady.

Wait, what? 81 and doing this outside in New England winter? (Although wet winter) Example of a real man. My hat off to you sir.

Thank you RGORHAM for the kind words. I do what I can but when bitter cold sets in, work ceases. Once the spring comes, I am hoping to get to work more steadily.
John

Thank you RGORHAM for the kind words. I do what I can but when bitter cold sets in, work ceases. Once the spring comes, I am hoping to get to work more steadily.
John
Amen. I took this week off myself with the goal of working on my fury between the holidays. Then I (we) got an unwanted gift of flu bug in the house. So alas, we rest up while it sits and waits for another (hopefully) mild weekend. Ron

As was stated earlier, for my '67 Fury anyway, the 6 cylinder and 8 cylinder stub frames are the same except for the bracket placement for the engine mounts on the front cross member. In my situation, the best frame I have is from a Fury I with 6 cylinder brackets. Luckily I have a 318 frame with good brackets but the overall frame is in poor condition. In my case, I will need to cut the 8 cylinder brackets then remove the 6 cylinder ones from the good frame and weld the correct ones to that frame. If you have a factory shop manual, there is a nice diagram of both frames. I will try to post pictures of both diagrams but my computer skills are limited.
John R

Back