Muffler suggestions

BigFury

Reaction score
Progressing to the next phase on my '65 this week. Going to put in the 400/727 and would like some ideas on what mufflers you might recommend? Installed a mild cam with a 4 bbl and going to run the stock '72 manifolds with a 2.5" duals. Not looking for obnoxious glass pack nonsense but a nice mellow rumble. What are you running? Thanks!

Thanks, exactly what I was leaning toward. I think the DynoMaxx super turbo is a Hemi style repro???

My car turns 3-3100 at around 70 mph I get no drone or hum. Tips stick out ~2 inches from valance no where near past bumper.

You'll be very happy with a turbo type muffler. I have the Summit Racing turbo on the New Yorker. After swapping the engine they a much sharper tone!

Hooker aero-chambers, great sound when you get on it but mellow while cruising

This (my) project has been on a tight budget from day 1! Lol I like these at $30 a piece

The summit turbos are made by Heartthrob just FYI. Have one on the Ram. It sounds great when you're on it, but drones like crazy at highway speeds.

Dynomax Super Turbos 20" long. I had Summit racing turbo mufflers and those were loud and had drone..

Anyone for Magnaflows?? I have one on my tundra crew cab and like it.

My NYer has cherry bomb on it that are 24" long and fully welded according to the guy that did my exhaust. It is not in the least bit raspy or tin, it sounds real good. I'm running 2.5" to the muffler and 2.25" out the back. They sound very nice.

I have the super turbos supplied by tti, I was going to put Flowmasters on but I like the current setup just fine.

I'm running Magnafows. They are not loud and do not drone, yet sound good. They other thing is they are not supposed to grenade in a backfire. I had Turbos on my car for a long time; an electrical mishap with three backfires ended their lives.

I have old glass packs or cherry bombs whatever and it sounds ok. They are worn out and I would like something with more low rumble than bark out of my 440. So that is why I asked..

Back