Murray Park in Ohio

I'd consider it a good thing that a guy selling C body parts is overwhelmed.

I haven't dealt with Murray much, maybe a couple transactions so far, but he was good to me (and I was a "new guy") in the context of customers.

I imagine that it's a pain in the azz to sell parts one by one. Get request, go pick it, clean off rat ****, package it, reply to customer with total, mail it...

74DD94AE-BA1F-420A-A9FC-717F3535D292.jpeg
85E43A02-D618-4B21-8C05-39B45A8EC0EC.jpeg
Ralph came through. He drove to a local yard that had a few cars in question. Walked out in the snow with a tool kit & shovel. Checked 3 cars & they had too much play. Over to car 4 & the door was tight. Sent me a pic of the car & then removed hinge. Sent me a pic of that so I could compare. I told him it looked correct. Then he rushed to the post office to try & get it out today but didn’t make in time. And I had not paid him yet for all this. So I’ll pay him tonite & he’ll ship tomorrow. Give Ralph a big “at a boy” cause that was just plain cool. In the snow with a shovel in hand in Maine. No it wasn’t Amazon or Rock Auto. It was far better than that. After a month of chasing leads I’ll finally have a good door hinge for FURYIOUS

I am a newish customer of Murray Park. I have made several purchases, contacting either by phone or email. He answered the phone and he responded to email same day.

I have no complaints and am thankful he has his business.

View attachment 358012 View attachment 358013 Ralph came through. He drove to a local yard that had a few cars in question. Walked out in the snow with a tool kit & shovel. Checked 3 cars & they had too much play. Over to car 4 & the door was tight. Sent me a pic of the car & then removed hinge. Sent me a pic of that so I could compare. I told him it looked correct. Then he rushed to the post office to try & get it out today but didn’t make in time. And I had not paid him yet for all this. So I’ll pay him tonite & he’ll ship tomorrow. Give Ralph a big “at a boy” cause that was just plain cool. In the snow with a shovel in hand in Maine. No it wasn’t Amazon or Rock Auto. It was far better than that. After a month of chasing leads I’ll finally have a good door hinge for FURYIOUS
I'd like to meet Ralph. One of the good guys.

Late to this thread. Had a couple good dealings with Murray years ago. Concur that on the phone is the only way to deal with him.

This Murray Park guy in Ohio that sells used parts. Anybody ever dealt with him ? I see people recommended him & I also see people complain that he’s slow to respond. That’s been my experience. Several years ago I e mailed about a fuel tank for a Fury. Responded pretty quick that he had one & a price. So I ready to purchase & replied back what’s shipping cost & provided my info. Haven’t heard back yet & that’s been years. So I thought I’ll try again. Sunday night I sent an e mail on another part. As of this morning (Thursday) I have not heard back. What on earth is the deal. I need the part now. Not in November.

I have purchased a number of items from Murray; he has always responded quickly to me with exactly the parts I needed. He has delivered parts to me at Carlisle, and he has shipped parts to me. I have Murray on speed-dial. . .

My first purchase from Murray Was in '82 when I drove down to Tiffin and met him at his+ folks place where he was still camping out as a single man. He sold me a very nice used radiator for my '63 Valiant V200. And I've been singing his praises ever since. Last deal we did I called him, told him what I wanted and to call me when he had it extracted. Couple dayz later he called me and said come get it. I drove back down to Tiffin, met him at his "still active day job" and we did the deal. (276 open rear pig BTW) I backed up to his pickup and he dropped in my trunk, we shook hands I said give Mindy ah hug from me and I boogied back to Michigan. Met him at Carlisle that July and he ask how the rear end was working. I gave him a thumbs up said the Batwagon iz lined up with the 300 group. He smiled we shook hands and said 'til next time. That was Carlisle 2012 and the last time the Batwagon made that trip in my handz. Jer

i have bought from murry any times and he has taken care of what i needed for parts . good guy to work with

I have done a fair amount of purchases with Murray. I usually initiate communication with an email to give him a hint of what I need. Then a phone call and message if he doesn't answer. Then keep calling. I can only imagine the time and energy to fill orders first and to then also manage/acquire new/old inventory. I love that he has had everything I have asked for to date.

I must agree with most of these posts. I have always found Murray to be a square shooter and reliable. The last 3 years I have requested parts from Murray several months in advance of Carlisle. He brings the parts in a box with my name on it at the price and condition described.

I must let you know that it's been quite a relief ever since I stopped contributing to his mortgage payments. :lol:

Well guess what. I clean out my e-mail span/junk folder about once a month or so & there was the e-mail I had sent to Park. It had kicked back & said undeliverable ? I e-mailed him directly from his site so it should have went through. That’s puzzling & explains why he didn’t respond.

Since I e-mailed Park I have sent & received e-mails to one of my dealers I work for, Jeggs high performance & several others & I received an e-mail from Mancini Racing sales flyer. So nothing wrong on my end. I don’t know but I suspect Parks spam/trash folder is full & is kicking back e-mails like it did mine. If he’s not going in & cleaning it out & checking it periodically & it’s full that could be why. One of you guys that speaks with him regular might want to ask him about that.

I texted Murray and called / left a message Sunday. Apparently my text was his LL which is why he didn't answer but he did text me back Monday on his cell. Calling, leaving a message and being persistent will get you in touch ..

I agree with Dave. Murrary and his wife pretty much run the entire show. Yeah, he can be slow but I have received many parts from him over the years. Best to call him after 5 PM EST.
He is simply a good guy who will help with whatever he can. Slow? Yes, at times...but reliable and honest! He's always helped me. And I've met him at Hershey with his family. They're simply good folks who are trying to please loads of us. He provides when he can. We all develop connections in the C body hobby; he's a vital one!

Back