My 1970 Imperial

Dang.....that's a new tire? What is the date code?
He's having your kinda luck with that one... I am definitely mounting a good spare on a road wheel after seeing yours last year.

He's having your kinda luck with that one... I am definitely mounting a good spare on a road wheel after seeing yours last year.

I keep telling the FCBO'ers about the danger of old tires and spares on a C-Body or any car or truck. Having a total tire failure at highway speed is terrifying. Luckily I kept her under control and didn't destroy the skirt. I should of taken a picture of that tire (just the bead was left). Well,,,you saw what was left.

BTW, that happened on Northbound I-83 with 4 lanes of blistering traffic. I was lucky to keep it under control, slowed down, and moved to the right lane with just literally 3 tires. Found a P275/75-15 on my phone at a Mr Tire 15 miles away. Saved the day (and the Carlisle trip) and made to Carlisle late Friday afternoon.

Let's hope the other 3 aren't going to do the same thing. I see the club (Northern Mopars) president (Blue GTX) passed you along with the parts manager from Tower (white Runner). The weather was much better than Friday afternoon, though.

We were just talking about tires for @CanCritter 's Fury and I ordered the BFG's for him rather than the Coopers which were $40 cheaper a tire....glad he went with the BFG's now..:wideyed:
I had the same problems also with bfg tires before Graham, is all the same **** in my eyes

I had the same problems also with bfg tires before Graham, is all the same **** in my eyes

Very true ..I have seen similar problems on high end tires like Pirelli's the crappy part is the tire manufacturers basically have no defect warranty anymore. We have to send defects back to the manufacturer and wait 8-10 months for reimbursement...I miss the old days of Sears Road Handler warranty....no problem sir here is your new tire no charge......maybe that's why they are closing down now lol that and Made in China craftsman tools...

IMG_5988.JPG
IMG_5985.JPG
IMG_5996.JPG
IMG_6003.JPG
IMG_5998.JPG
Little 360mls Sunday trip.

Little update on my Imperial, i drove the car now 2400mls without any major problems, except new alternator
and my high pressure ac hose blew up last Saturday on my way to Missoula Montana

Tobias, is your '70 FY4? I'm about to land a Citron Mist Metallic 1970 Belvedere with survivor sun-baked factory paint that I'm dreaming would buff out to that amazing Gold on your Imperial!

Tobias dosnt know it yet but I'm gona swindle him into showin me how to buff out my 70 as well...dam l said thay out loud didn't l...my luck...that citron color drove me batty...theres a pile of variations and names...seems it was their 70-71 go to colors

Back