My 1970 Imperial

Great looking with the road wheels. It is unbelievable how road wheels change the personality of a car . It will be a love it or hate it addition to the car by many on this board. The white letters will also create a disturbance in the force
I like white letters lol

The bearings have grease, none of the differential "oil" gets to the wheel bearings.
It's my presumption that after years of sitting the grease dries out from lack of use
Sorry, but I disagree Dave unless your talking about the fronts. The rear axles get there oil from the differential. That's why when a rear seal blows out and coats the rear brakes it smells like a dinosaur farted. Otherwise you'd be pulling the axle shafts and packing the bearings like have to do on the fronts.

Sorry, but I disagree Dave unless your talking about the fronts. The rear axles get there oil from the differential. That's why when a rear seal blows out and coats the rear brakes it smells like a dinosaur farted. Otherwise you'd be pulling the axle shafts and packing the bearings like have to do on the fronts.
Not true... the tapered roller bearings on the 8 3/4 are greased. There are seals inside and outside the bearings to keep dirt and rear end lubricant out of the tapered bearing....they must be packed with standard wheel bearing grease....

If yours are lubed by the rear axle lubricant, then you have a problem...unless they're green bearings which are sealed and pre-lubed I believe.

IMG_4882.JPG
IMG_4884.JPG
Bearings are fixed now, I took the old
Girl yesterday afternoon for a Drive.
I replaced the temp sensor and oil pressure sensor on the engine but still
no movement at the gages had anyone that problem before?

View attachment 124022 View attachment 124021 Bearings are fixed now, I took the old
Girl yesterday afternoon for a Drive.
I replaced the temp sensor and oil pressure sensor on the engine but still
no movement at the gages had anyone that problem before?

Could be the voltage limiter on the cluster. We should run a meter on the sensor circuits.

BTW you suck!

You should be going to Shell for the ethanol-free gas:poke:

Premium fuel at almost all stations is pretty much Ethanol free. I use Marine Sta-bil additive in all my gas usage machines, even my ride on mower, weed eater, chain saw , pressure washer etc. I add it to the gas can when I buy the fuel, or straight to the tank of the vehicle. Helps neutralize the ethanol, and keeps the fuel fresh longer....;)

Not true... the tapered roller bearings on the 8 3/4 are greased. There are seals inside and outside the bearings to keep dirt and rear end lubricant out of the tapered bearing....they must be packed with standard wheel bearing grease....

If yours are lubed by the rear axle lubricant, then you have a problem...unless they're green bearings which are sealed and pre-lubed I believe.

Hmmmm, not how I remember but I'm sure you're right..thanks

It's the big axles with floating hubs that use the gear oil to lube the axle bearings....my Dana 60's and 70's are all this way. Not sure about pass vehicle Dana axle though?

IMG_5050.JPG
IMG_5067.JPG
IMG_5065.JPG
IMG_5062.JPG
IMG_5051.JPG
Went out for a little Sunday Mothersday drive, the Imperial performed good.

Back