My 1971 Dodge Polara

If anybody is wondering the mufflers are from Classic Chambered Exhaust and there called Power Sticks

Congratulations on your purchase, beautiful car and thank you for joining our forum. I love that you put dual exhaust on the car, in my opinion big block cars need dual exhaust not single

I too remember this car in Carlisle last year in 2020.....

20200710_144813.jpg

Congratulations on your purchase, beautiful car and thank you for joining our forum. I love that you put dual exhaust on the car, in my opinion big block cars need dual exhaust not single

I too remember this car in Carlisle last year in 2020.....

View attachment 450764

I thought about this for a hot second when it was listed. I quickly came to my senses. It seems to have found a caring owner.

Congrats @MAGNUM77 — look forward to seeing you with your car later in the year!

Congrats on the great find! Either the cop car 15x7 steels or the 15x7 '79 Magnum GT wheels will look good on the car, even with whitewalls and hub caps (on the cop car wheels).

Finesse it and enjoy it!
CBODY67

I was pretty excited to see it at Carlisle, as it was the only other 71 sedan I’ve seen besides mine and Mike’s. If you’re over on Facebook, I invite you to join 1970-1971 Dodge Polaras and Monacos.

925BE14C-DF44-47F0-AD03-B781CCEBC93E.jpeg

A four door sedan is what started me off. A brown, 318, no air, basic DE car. After the 318, then 340, then 400-4, then 440-4, then 440-6, back to the 440-4. A lot of 904s and 727s went into that car. .

Love the 4 door sedans

I like these Dodge full wheelcovers the best...for one they fit 15 inch wheels that just look better than the 14s. The other period correct look would be the aluminum red circle Dodge dogs...this way you could again switch to 15 inch wheels.

I also had a 1971 Polara Sedan...solid cars they are.
133a.jpg
2048.jpg

According to the part # this is a C-body reservoir. I’m surprised that it’s in this good of shape.

14B3F6F3-2B24-4E3F-9198-DC05C8593297.jpeg

Thanks! Almost 37,000 miles. I believe that is original also. I could be wrong on that but with talking with previous owner and some of the documentation and the shape of the car I think it’s original mileage.

Thanks! Almost 37,000 miles. I believe that is original also. I could be wrong on that but with talking with previous owner and some of the documentation and the shape of the car I think it’s original mileage.

I'd believe that to be true, that's got to be one of the lowest mileage '71 Polara's out there!

I'd believe that to be true, that's got to be one of the lowest mileage '71 Polara's out there!
I think David Landon’s ‘71 was super low miles too, with his being the pale yellow 360 sedan from Arkansas. I always thought Delmae was low with 48k miles

I think David Landon’s ‘71 was super low miles too, with his being the pale yellow 360 sedan from Arkansas. I always thought Delmae was low with 48k miles
What are your plans for the motor for Delmae?

What are your plans for the motor for Delmae?
As of right now, its a nice looking table in the garage.
But current plans (since you also have a 383-2bbl):
- Full reseal of everything
- Ported 906 heads (possibly shaved) with 2.14/1.81 valves
- 1.6 roller rockers
- Edelbrock DP4B intake (might spend the money to have them port matched)
- 635 cfm Carter AVS from a 1971 383 HP car (#6125S but will be looking for a #4968S from a 440, which flows 750 cfm)
- HP manifolds
- Hopefully reuse stock bottom end and pistons but if not, probably .30 over with L2315 pistons (I want 9.5 to 1 compression MAX)
(Still need to buy the following):
- HP oil pump
- Comp Cams XE274H
- Electronic Igniton from Joe White and Rick Ehrenberg
- An air grabber intake would be nice
- Rebuild the original torque converter to match the cam or buy a neutral balance flex plate and torque converter

Back