My 2018 RAM Longhorn

Obviously.....

"A truck" will work for the many varied uses as explained by everyone here on this thread.

I'm happy with my truck as everyone here has a specific variation and configuration and use for theirs.

Amazing how you can Keep a thread for a 2018 model sticky on the eve of the 2020 model year. :D

Of course ...
my wife and I laugh and mock single cab and short bed trucks, those aren't real trucks . Ask most why they drive those and the answer is surprisingly honest " it's to big to drive ...no place to park it " ...
Yet, most of the trucks West of Illinois are nice lengthy crew cab 8 ft bed trucks . ( based on my road travels )

Of course ...
my wife and I laugh and mock single cab and short bed trucks, those aren't real trucks . Ask most why they drive those and the answer is surprisingly honest " it's to big to drive ...no place to park it " ...
Yet, most of the trucks West of Illinois are nice lengthy crew cab 8 ft bed trucks . ( based on my road travels )

They must have better parking at their Walmart out there... :lol:

I guess maybe I'm more not a fan of U Connect than the creature comforts. In my opinion you should be able to control any function of you vehicles operation blindfolded, except actually driving. I find it very ignorant for the manufactures to force this distraction on the public. I guess they are just building the path to autonomous vehicles this way. Disconnect you more and more till they slip that wheel right out of your fingers. Have at it, I'm out, I enjoy driving too much. I guess I better get started on a bigger engine for my Charger to be able to pass all these speed limit following autonomous SUVs and Pick up trucks on 2 lane roads.
The other problem is the amount of trailer you are allowed to put behind a 150/ 1500 truck. BTW Dave I like this truck of yours except the transmission choice, but in that regards you are still living in New Jersey so I understand. I guess I see your point about the trailer not my thing. The only trailer that I would haul is a car trailer and it will not be that big, otherwise I can just get a old moving van and use "my work truck" to pull it.
It's not the spaces it's the islands you have to pass to get to the spaces.

Last edited:
Antlers engaged! FTW!! LOL

FB7B0CCA-4059-44E7-A5B6-566E87FA22E7.jpeg

Goofy looking or not, vision really is much better with them out IMO. Mine stay out hooked to something, or not...

My taller fat *** couldn’t do a standard cab! Plus it’s nice to be able to throw stuff in the back seat. The quad cab ‘03 was nice with the rear doors, but honestly rarely got used. We don’t plan on having kids, so the extended cab works fine for me. However I can see the need for them with a family.

I never wanted a long box before. This one is my first, and after having it I wouldn’t want to go back. So much more room for activities! Plus much better ride quality. I lack a lot of the creature comforts of today’s stuff. It’s got A/C, power windows, and an upgraded radio. The power locks don’t work, so it’s key use only.

I think the modern day truck is the C body of today in many regards. Back in the day a Mopar C body, or Cadillac, Buick, etc was a status symbol. You “made it” in one of those cars. Today it is the same way with a truck in most cases. Except today’s exorbitant long term loans have made it possible for almost everyone to “make it” if you will...

I’ve driven a truck my entire driving life. From a little Dakota, half tons, and now this 3/4 ton, with a one ton sitting in the garage. Couldn’t imagine it any other way. Cars are fun for weekend duty, and/or once in a while here and there. But for daily duty, and work wouldn’t have it any other way.

Antlers engaged! FTW!! LOL

View attachment 319857

Goofy looking or not, vision really is much better with them out IMO. Mine stay out hooked to something, or not...

My taller fat *** couldn’t do a standard cab! Plus it’s nice to be able to throw stuff in the back seat. The quad cab ‘03 was nice with the rear doors, but honestly rarely got used. We don’t plan on having kids, so the extended cab works fine for me. However I can see the need for them with a family.

I never wanted a long box before. This one is my first, and after having it I wouldn’t want to go back. So much more room for activities! Plus much better ride quality. I lack a lot of the creature comforts of today’s stuff. It’s got A/C, power windows, and an upgraded radio. The power locks don’t work, so it’s key use only.

I think the modern day truck is the C body of today in many regards. Back in the day a Mopar C body, or Cadillac, Buick, etc was a status symbol. You “made it” in one of those cars. Today it is the same way with a truck in most cases. Except today’s exorbitant long term loans have made it possible for almost everyone to “make it” if you will...

I’ve driven a truck my entire driving life. From a little Dakota, half tons, and now this 3/4 ton, with a one ton sitting in the garage. Couldn’t imagine it any other way. Cars are fun for weekend duty, and/or once in a while here and there. But for daily duty, and work wouldn’t have it any other way.
I'll have to flip my mirrors and see if it improves vision.

Obviously.....

"A truck" will work for the many varied uses as explained by everyone here on this thread.

I'm happy with my truck as everyone here has a specific variation and configuration and use for theirs.
Ditto. Agreed. Right on.

I guess maybe I'm more not a fan of U Connect than the creature comforts. In my opinion you should be able to control any function of you vehicles operation blindfolded, except actually driving. I find it very ignorant for the manufactures to force this distraction on the public. I guess they are just building the path to autonomous vehicles this way. Disconnect you more and more till they slip that wheel right out of your fingers. Have at it, I'm out, I enjoy driving too much. I guess I better get started on a bigger engine for my Charger to be able to pass all these speed limit following autonomous SUVs and Pick up trucks on 2 lane roads.
The other problem is the amount of trailer you are allowed to put behind a 150/ 1500 truck. BTW Dave I like this truck of yours except the transmission choice, but in that regards you are still living in New Jersey so I understand. I guess I see your point about the trailer not my thing. The only trailer that I would haul is a car trailer and it will not be that big, otherwise I can just get a old moving van and use "my work truck" to pull it.
It's not the spaces it's the islands you have to pass to get to the spaces.
No matter the truck, I will eventually find a way to overload it. My 3/4 ton has hauled home a few pallets of pavers that made me glad HD wasn't too far away. The 1/2 ton 'burb is a little over matched with the car trailer and a Formal, but is better than any other towing setup I've used. I have the bad habit of using the 'burb as dry storage for stuff when I have no other reason to need it. It never runs empty, I keep a 4x8 sheet of OSB for a cargo liner in it, in fact the rear seats haven't been in the seating position for well over 5 years.

I am sort of in the market for another. My 3/4 ton was bought to be a mule and has never received much love. If I find the right replacement 'burb (with good body/paint), I can use an engine for the P/U... a well matched addition will make 2 better trucks than what I have right now. The 'burb is mechanically decent, but ugly, the P/U is too useful to get rid of at the moment... but I need another project like a hole in the head.

A new truck would just give me something that was more than I need, cost too much and take the same abuse I bought the old trucks for in the first place.

My BIL was by the Dodge dealer yesterday (closed) looked at a new gas engine power wagon @ $67,000 wtf. I have been going back and forth about a 2014 Kenworth for 84,000

Back