My 2018 RAM Longhorn

Shocking call from the dealer today. They called and said they have the parts to fix the Ram. I'll bring it in Wednesday and service manager said it will only take one hour to fix. I'll be tickled if it works out that way.

Shocking call from the dealer today. They called and said they have the parts to fix the Ram. I'll bring it in Wednesday and service manager said it will only take one hour to fix. I'll be tickled if it works out that way.
Take your gloves along so your hands don't get cold in case it doesn't get fixed.

Hour for a whole column mmmm ok

jagoff.gif

Pack a lunch, Bob.

Well.......

We are down to the last piece of the puzzle!

The steering column wasn't the problem. The last piece that could be defective......Yep! The steering wheel.

It will only take another 7 business days to get in and this will be the 4th time I've been to the dealer to get the steering wheel fixed. Lol

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

The second thing they should have done....the first was give it to a trained technician ffs

Well.......

We are down to the last piece of the puzzle!

The steering column wasn't the problem. The last piece that could be defective......Yep! The steering wheel.

It will only take another 7 business days to get in and this will be the 4th time I've been to the dealer to get the steering wheel fixed. Lol
:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

The second thing they should have done....the first was give it to a trained technician ffs

It's a little old, now, for Lemon Law... the lot porter wasn't busy... :realcrazy:

My steering wheel came in so the dealer had a loaner car ready for me as I pulled up. It's a 2019 Journey with a 6 cylinder. Pretty nice.....but lacking in power. Lol

I'm going to trade all my stuff in and get 10 of the Journey's. Lol.

Nope......I'll pass on that idea!!!!

Great! My Ram heated steering wheel is fixed!

The service manager told me that the new steering wheel had a scratch in the wood grain right around the 2 O'Clock position. He said he knows how well I maintain my vehicles and knew a scratched steering wheel would not fly. So they went back to the troubleshooting route and said they replaced the seat module and that fixed the steering wheel problem. Everything works so I'm happy.

I was able to drive about 100 miles in the Journey. Pretty nice vehicle that handles great and gets 20 mpg with a V6.

By contrast I can get 20 mpg in the Scat Pack with the 392 if I baby it.

I can also go through a full tank of gas and a set of rear tires in 20 minutes with the Scat Pack. Lol

Back