My '61 fury

I got a spare push button shift , heater , and extra bezels for the push buttons and heater I also have the knob that says warmer. It was on ebay . I was the only person who bidded and won it. My dad says it would not hurt to have an extra push button shift around. I plan to stock up on more spare parts

This 1 is requesting permission to land 10295261_791918330832811_6636151275991278656_o.jpg

10295261_791918330832811_6636151275991278656_o.jpg

I know it's hard Steph. But you need to let the black car go and stop thinking about it. Your new red Fury is a beautiful car and needs all your attention. Working on it the way you have been is a great way to form a bond......

Yes it is hard, but I am giving the red one attention to keep me occupied. Did I ever tell you Dorsey ( oldwood ) from fowardlook has seen my red car in person?

Last edited:
I will also admit it still hurts but working on the red car keeping me occupied. I have not done much lately on the car. I am done block and air sanding for the time , I also polished the stainless trimming. I am trying to find more things to do on the car. My dad let a friend borrow his metal cutter. My mom is going to visit her sister and then get the cutter back then my dad is going to cut out the rusted metal and patch new metal on the car. Then when it gets primered I get to block sand it again . Then it will be ready to paint. I am also looking for spare parts because it never hurts to stock up. I also hope I can find a parts car in a salvage yard in Alabama or Tennesee.

The Red 1 will be repainted black. My dad has some black paint left from the other '61 that will be enough to do inside the doors , hood, trunk . I will need to get another gallon to paint the rest of the car

I'm in the gathering stage for my 61. Until I have most of the parts & services it needs I won't tear the car down. It won't be this show season but I'm anxios to have my Fury convertible and your Fury hardtop displayed together sometime.
If there is a tie between our '61s with the 1st place trophy . I will let you take the trophy home.

View attachment 29541 This is my current 1961 fury it replaced this 1View attachment 29542because this1 was destroyed in a garage fire back in January 2014

View attachment 29541

View attachment 29542
for
View attachment 29541 This is my current 1961 fury it replaced this 1View attachment 29542because this1 was destroyed in a garage fire back in January 2014

View attachment 29541

View attachment 29542
I have a buddy restoring a 61 also. He needs the rear window weather stripping. Do you know anywhere to get it. Talked to Gary Goers when I was getting parts for my 62 880 coupe. He didn't have the 61 rear window rubber. Thought I would ask you guys if you know where to get. Thanks

No but I will find out. My dad did not have to replace the part on my other '61 The only thing I can advise you to do is call Bernbaum and ask about the part

Last edited:
Yeah I looked at Andys. Do you know if it 1 piece molded. Or is it a extrusion that has to be cut to length and butt glued.
I talked to my dad he did not have to replace the rear window weather strip on my other '61. the only thing I can advise you is call Bernbaun auto and ask about the part.
You can always look on ebay too.When I see a part I could use for my '61 I put it on my watch list

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! I can't imagine losing a classic in a fire, sorry to hear that. I see the replacement is in a new garage, did your insurance cover you fully?
Yes my insurance fully covered it . I had to go to another insurance company with the replacement.but every year I raise the agreed value

Back