My '61 fury

sb61fury

Reaction score
IMAG0003.jpg This is my current 1961 fury it replaced this 1DSC_1458.jpgbecause this1 was destroyed in a garage fire back in January 2014

IMAG0003.jpg

DSC_1458.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! I can't imagine losing a classic in a fire, sorry to hear that. I see the replacement is in a new garage, did your insurance cover you fully?

Hi Steph,
Nice to see you here ........ :welcome:
I saw your beautiful black 61 Fury at several shows last summer and was devistated to hear/and see what had happened. I'm so glad you had it insured so well.
I lookforwrd to seeing your new red replacement this summer. It looks like it has all the potental needed to match up to the black one.

Will.

I will try to make it to acouple of shows with it

Hi Steph,
Nice to see you here ........ :welcome:
I saw your beautiful black 61 Fury at several shows last summer and was devistated to hear/and see what had happened. I'm so glad you had it insured so well.
I lookforwrd to seeing your new red replacement this summer. It looks like it has all the potental needed to match up to the black one.

Will.
I will try to make it to acouple of shows with it. I need to get the radiator rerodded . I had to order brake shoes from Andy Bernbaum right now they are waiting to be put on. Then my dad is going to check the front end then the rear brakes . IF all is OK I will put the insurance in it then I am ready to cruise.

Yes I had Hagertys but I had to go to another insurance company because I had 2 claims on the black car. I went to Condon and Skelly.

Man than sucks. Looked beautiful. Do I spy cut outs under the fenders there on the black car?

Like to see more of the red one...

I will try to make it to acouple of shows with it. IF all is OK I will put the insurance in it then I am ready to cruise.

I'm in the gathering stage for my 61. Until I have most of the parts & services it needs I won't tear the car down. It won't be this show season but I'm anxios to have my Fury convertible and your Fury hardtop displayed together sometime.

Those were headers my dad put those on for racing. When they were opened it increased the horsepower but I am not sure how much though

No I wanted competition against another 1961 plymouth against mine and it does not matter to me if I win a trophy or not I go to these shows to have a good time.

Welcome to the site. sorry to hear about you loosing the black Fury. But now you get to experience the fun of building a car all over again.

Thanks right now I am hunting for parts for the red and white car. I am looking for 2 front arm rests and 1 rear passenger arm rest. I am sure the front pair can be recovered but on the rear passenger I only have the base. I also believe an arm rest from a 1960 plymouth would work also

If you got the chance to see Hell and Mr Fudge when it was playing in Florida . My black 1961 fury is in that movie. You will see it parked between a dark green chevelle and a light green nova. It did not have tinted windows in the movie I got that done after the 2nd paint job that car escaped the 1st garage fire.

Back