My Big Red 72 Imperial previous home burned Tues.

DocMcNeedy

"Iggy my Mc-Bum-Fuk"
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
That was a close call...Thank God I got her home 3 weeks ago. That's where I bought her from on consignment. I believe 150 plus cars lost in main building.
Bigredfire.jpg
Bigredfire2.jpg
bigredcountry.jpg

Oh man, I hate hearing about these sorts of losses. I am glad your car escaped though!
IMG_3102.JPG

She was tucked in that main building like a sardine...would have been toast...so many nice cars gone.
Bigredout.jpg
Bigredbefore.jpg

Whoa. Thats a huge bummer. Cars aside, I hope everyone was ok.

The reports said no injuries.

That story made the morning talking-head news in Detroit, although they portrayed this as an individual "collector" rather than a business.

The report's hook was that there was no fire hydrant available because this barn is in the middle of BFE. Thus the 13 different departments responding were basically bucket-brigades. I gotta say having 150 cars under a roof with no fire-suppression (or even a nearby hydrant) isn't too smart. I wonder if an insurance company will agree.

That sucks, it will be an insurance nightmare.
Soon as I wired the money for her ownership I got Big Red covered with my insurance company and new policy...mostly for the shipping, etc...never thought of fire...she was on consignment so I think it's required to have insurance by previous owner...But, you never know if they do or check closely.

Many cars for sale from this place have been posted here.

I've stopped there a couple of times over the years. Neat cars. He was one of those guys who ask the moon for cars and come down a bit. A real shame what all happened.

Back