IMG_2293.JPG
IMG_2290.JPG
IMG_2291.JPG
IMG_2294.JPG
IMG_2295.JPG
IMG_2297.JPG
IMG_2301.JPG
IMG_2298.JPG
My buddy Robert stopped by in his 78 D100. 440 powered with a Rat Rod theme. Father/son project. The kid had done most of the work. Robert wrote the checks LOL. .474 MOPAR cam, 4.10 gear, Stockton widened steel wheels, drag seats. They are still working on the body & the kid wants to put killer sound system in it. The truck sounds awesome. The kid installed a GPS in place of the speedo.

IMG_2923.JPG
IMG_2924.JPG
Got the Drag Radials on the truck. They are 4 inches wider than the street tires. And softer too. And are a directional tire. I'll be headed to the track tomorrow. They are having a TNT all day. Hopefully this will get the truck to hook up at the line

IMG_2934.JPG
IMG_2935.JPG
IMG_2937.JPG
Well 4 more inches of tire helped some but not enough. It was 25 degrees cooler than the last time I ran the truck at this track. I was able to leave the line at 1000 RPM & it spun a few feet out then hooked hard. Trunk ran a 14.70 Not bad. I think I'm done with this experiment. I need to focus on my drag car. Let the truck be a street truck only.

IMG_3127.JPG
I put the D440 to work today. I bought a Souix valve grinder from a closed up shop just down the road from me. Picked it up with the D440

very cool bob , does that box have cutters and attachments in it ? that will be a handy tool . got orangy in the shop swapping out trannys . those early cable shifter trannys are hard to get the converter set in the pump , man . i had to stand it on the tail and down it straight down on the pump teeth . made a retainer to keep it in place . orangy has a cross member just under the tail stock thats riveted in so the trans gets stund on the bell and put up on the cross member then lifted into place twisting it by the headers and up n forward as well , oh ya there is a cross over brake in to deal with as well . that will change with the disc front brake conversion . well thats hotrods for ya , lol . well i've scattered a power gluide on the freeway , drove all the forward gear out of a c6 , broke a th400 ,
DSC01420.JPG
DSC01421.JPG
DSC01422.JPG
DSC01426.JPG
DSC01427.JPG
DSC01428.JPG
DSC01429.JPG
DSC01430.JPG
DSC01431.JPG
popped the spag out of a 727 . but this one turned into a thrasher n banden squealer that wouldn't shift , it would be in what ever gear you put it in . it was a tired old beat 63 new yorker trans with cables and shifter for a buck n a half . another used on . and on to build that one that came out . this one seems in better shape , lol . we'll see , what that hot lil' 383 will do to this one before it gets replaced , lol;) .

Back