My Friend Gunnery Sergeant R. Lee Emery Passed Away at 74

LOL, I bet he was the kind of guy that would ream your *** for calling him Sir...

The term “Sir” can be used in the civilian sense for a man due respect for deeds accomplished or for achieving above and beyond normal standards. It fits.

Used in civility, not subservience.

Rest in Peace Gunny

d5b0a66b204b17ce13e4225c08e383bb--us-marine-corps-marine-mom.jpg

He would never say no to taking a picture or autographing anything with Soldiers, Military Contractors, Government Civilians, or anybody. He really went all out day in and day out to support the military in any way that he could.

My wife told me this last night; was sad to hear. While he often played stereotyped characters, he was able to play against type. Have you seen Sommersby where he played a shoe-store owner? Excellent portrayal!

First film I saw him in was Boys From Company C. I heard he was actually on the set as an advisor, but they cast him because he knew what he was doing! years later when I saw him in "Jacket" I recognized him! Same role! :p

we lost another good man.....and Bob, that is the only time I have seen you w/o specs on!

Had a notice on my Google page on my phone that he was buried at Arlington this week.

Back