My neighbor ruined my plans

This is why I suggested to check your auto policy for "uninsured motorist".
It will be the quickest way to get the funds needed to repair your car if it is a rider on your policy. Your rates might go up, but it will be a ding on your record because you have filed a claim.
If you don't have this coverage in your policy and have to dole out the money to do repairs yourself, you can later pursue the guilty party for damages to pay for your costs, if they are refusing to pay.
With that said, if you do go to court and win, you will still need to collect the funds from the this loser, and it will still be your responsibility to get the money because the court will only make a judgment in your case, and does not have anything to do with helping you collect the funds.
Been there done that.
This is just my opinion of what to expect based on a similar experience I had, except I asked the person to pony up for the damages before filing a claim or setting a court date.
It wasn't until after they refused to pay up, is when I went after them.
Good luck on getting everything ironed out.

This is why I suggested to check your auto policy for "uninsured motorist".
It will be the quickest way to get the funds needed to repair your car if it is a rider on your policy. Your rates might go up, but it will be a ding on your record because you have filed a claim.
If you don't have this coverage in your policy and have to dole out the money to do repairs yourself, you can later pursue the guilty party for damages to pay for your costs, if they are refusing to pay.
With that said, if you do go to court and win, you will still need to collect the funds from the this loser, and it will still be your responsibility to get the money because the court will only make a judgment in your case, and does not have anything to do with helping you collect the funds.
Been there done that.
This is just my opinion of what to expect based on a similar experience I had, except I asked the person to pony up for the damages before filing a claim or setting a court date.
It wasn't until after they refused to pay up, is when I went after them.
Good luck on getting everything ironed out.

I don’t expect for Hagerty to get back to me until tomorrow or Tuesday. But if they go after him, I’ll be satisfied. The cop said that he should be taught a lesson in his professional opinion.

This sucks all round, irresponsible loser damages someone else's car, they should be forced to pay for all damages, the inconvenience of chasing down parts, lost time, etc. and have their licence suspended and be made to go to advanced driver training afterwards. I would've lost it and made him cry, tremble and **** his pants. I guess his mom will pay for his stupidity. :mob:

I feel for you. You work hard to get something that you are very proud of and love to drive around and then some idiot wrecks it for you then displays a terrible attitude. He definitely needs to anti up for the repairs and he should be punished by the law. Our society simply lets people off too easily nowadays and that has now created people who just don’t care.
I am interested to see what Haggerty does for you.
Also I would be concerned about getting the paint to match once the repairs are done.
Good luck with the repairs.

This sucks all round, irresponsible loser damages someone else's car, they should be forced to pay for all damages, the inconvenience of chasing down parts, lost time, etc. and have their licence suspended and be made to go to advanced driver training afterwards. I would've lost it and made him cry, tremble and **** his pants. I guess his mom will pay for his stupidity. :mob:

He was worried about making any enemy out of me. I’m not thrilled with him but he didn’t impress me. I’m not one to get physical, it’s not worth it.

He was worried about making any enemy out of me. I’m not thrilled with him but he didn’t impress me. I’m not one to get physical, it’s not worth it.
Not suggesting physical assault, neither the too nice approach, people have to learn somehow.

I wasn't there, I obviously don't know what took place. If he was blase about it I certainly get it.I'm simply surprised at the " make him pay " and get extra comments. He simply should apologize and pay the bill. That's all I'm sayin.
Yeah that the first thing that will happen. Must be nice to live with unicorns lol

Not suggesting physical assault, neither the too nice approach, people have to learn somehow.

I know. The police officer was super nice and he said his wife was rear ended by someone who was also uninsured. He said they pursued litigation in their case because the guy took it to court and pleaded not guilty.

I was going to ridicule his ***** mother for continuing to promote this behavior from their offspring, but it's not my concern I guess.

Well it frequently does. It's not all Doom & Gloom .
He did better than
I would have.
Not all doom and gloom, but dipshits and mother fv@&3rs I cannot even stand near are in huge abundance, everywhere I go.
Probably just me.

Last edited:
I have a feeling. I watched him back his truck out today and he backed out half way out into the street before cutting the wheel, if a car had been parked there again it would be the same situation all over.
Wonder if he's done similar things before, either doesn't have a clue or he's simply an arsehole, as many who drive those big rigs are (at least over here), bad apples. Never pity people like that, they deserve everything they get. Where is the father figure in all this?

TOTALLY SUCKS.
You are right to take him to court. Mommy's boy needs to learn a lesson. If he really has money to fix the damage, he should have used that money to pay for insurance.

As to the idea that this could be pulled with a dent puller, LOL. Your body man is right. New door.
View attachment 655588

I saw your post this morning. Very sickening, upsetting to see happen. To happen to such a good condition Imperial, uugghh.

At least the damage seems to be confined to the rear door. There might be some repair to the strike and "B" pillar....
Hopefully the interior trim panel is unscathed.

A good example of how vulnerable these cars are to side impacts.... before the era of door reinforcements.

The biggest challenge I see is getting the new paint to match the rest of the car....

As @saforwardlook has suggested and I can confirm from experience, TCP Global is pretty good. Send them your code & they'll send you paint.

Back