My new ‘67 Crown Coupe

Absolutely no law I know of that prohibits owning two '67 Imps.
I agree! Hang on to it, so I can sell some stuff, build a shop, and have a proper home for the car. Oh, and free up some money in the mean time. Oh well, a guy can dream.

Last edited:
I’m blown away, this car still has a correct carb.:wideyed:
View attachment 276580
That's a good sign that she's been properly loved and maintained... probably saw a rebuild or two, but never got the "I don't know how to fix a carburetor" treatment of a boxed reman.

I'm really liking this car, and can't imagine she'll be easy to part with... of course having room to work inside again would be a motivating factor.

Absolutely no law I know of that prohibits owning two '67 Imps.
I could write a short story sized post filled with reasons why I cant keep this car but it all comes down to money.
I do catch myself wondering if there’s any money to be made in the whole Drive Share(or whatever it’s called) program through Hagerty.:lol:

I will start a thread in the for sale forum soon but this car is officially available now with an as is price of $9750.00.
I have nowhere near enough time to completely turn this into a turn key driver like I wanted to. That being said it’s drivable but has some what I believe to be minor electrical/lighting issues to work out, I haven’t bled the brakes but I will find time to do that and I haven’t put the door panels back in it yet which is another thing that I would think I can make time to do. I will have the windshield replaced as well before it leaves here but I believe this is a fair price for this beauty and most of the hard work is done as far as turning it into a nice cruiser for this coming season. As I continue to make progress on it the price will creep up so this might be a good opportunity for some of you do it yourselfers to get this car at this price and have the satisfaction of taking it the rest of the way.

Windshield is scheduled to be replaced tomorrow and I was able to get the driver’s side door put back together although I still have some work to do on it. I had to reach into the inventory and swap out the remote mirror as I discovered the joystick housing of the one that was on it was broken and there was no way to attach it to the back of the upper panel. I hope I have the wood appliqué that’s missing on the left laying around here and I refinished the other 3 pieces on this door that really needed it. The wood around the window switch still looked good.
15043C3D-46EC-402E-94FB-53A6AD127CA1.jpeg

Imagine wanting a custom table and asking around you hear about this hippy dude and you go to visit him at his CARPENTRY shop, you walk in, and this is the first thing you see.

15043c3d-46ec-402e-94fb-53a6ad127ca1-jpeg.jpg

Lol

Windshield is scheduled to be replaced tomorrow and I was able to get the driver’s side door put back together although I still have some work to do on it. I had to reach into the inventory and swap out the remote mirror as I discovered the joystick housing of the one that was on it was broken and there was no way to attach it to the back of the upper panel. I hope I have the wood appliqué that’s missing on the left laying around here and I refinished the other 3 pieces on this door that really needed it. The wood around the window switch still looked good.
View attachment 278837

Have you heard that "you suck" yet?:D

Imagine wanting a custom table and asking around you hear about this hippy dude and you go to visit him at his CARPENTRY shop, you walk in, and this is the first thing you see.

View attachment 278889
Lol
It’s a good thing that you don’t see this unless you are welcomed in the back door.:D
It can be a bit of a distraction for me though...:rolleyes:

Both doors back together now and a nice used windshield is going to be installed in a little while.:thumbsup:

A5179083-777F-49AB-A940-E1E8F5406FCC.jpeg

5644577B-D468-4BEA-A87E-FD808C02713D.jpeg

Got a nice used original windshield from Murray, it’s not perfect but it looks right with the car. I’d put one like it in my silver car and be happy about it.
17FA472C-FF73-4F97-894E-D14F22756DFC.jpeg

Last edited:
Man, I wish I had some spare change laying around, that car has grown on me. I'd love to have that to drive. You certainly do suck, Matt!

Got a nice used original windshield from Murray, it’s not perfect but it looks right with the car. I put one like it in my silver car and be happy about it.
View attachment 279084
How does the trim/ gasket come off? Trim first I presume...I need to know for the dismantling of my 68 and I don't want to damage it. Did you re-use the gasket or get new?
Don't laugh! Prior to last year I hadn't owned a Slab for some 28 years.

How does the trim/ gasket come off? Trim first I presume...I need to know for the dismantling of my 68 and I don't want to damage it. Did you re-use the gasket or get new?
Don't laugh! Prior to last year I hadn't owned a Slab for some 28 years.
Now why would I laugh?? The trim comes off first Mr C. I could tell the old gasket was not reusable and Murray brought me a decent used one with the windshield but my glass guy didn’t want to use it. He said he wanted me to get a new one so I had Murray send me one.

That '64 looks mighty nice. Not a convertible fan, except for the '64-'66 Imperials, beautiful designs.

Back