My new 1972 Imperial purchase delivered today.

I'm sure you'll make up for lost time. :poke:
It's like you're asking for more pics of Big Red you haven't seen...how 'bout one with two far away outbuildings....Hahahahahaa!!!!!!!!!
eye-poke-o.gif
redfield.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks I think it's looking sharper every week...I've got the 2 rear "IMPERIAL" letter sets and 2 LeBaron emblems ready to get on soon...I've got to find the right rear trunk corner "Imperial by Chrysler" emblem yet...

Thanks I think it's looking sharper every week...I've got the 2 rear "IMPERIAL" letter sets and 2 LeBaron emblems ready to get on soon...I've got to find the right rear trunk corner "Imperial by Chrysler" emblem yet...
Mine is missing it also. And frankly I'm glad because I never understood why they put that on there in the first place. It seems to just add fuel to the fire of the "Chrysler Imperial" thing which I loathe. I've always tried to do my part in keeping Imperial's sovereignty alive and well.
If you're a purist, then go find one, to me... it'll never happen as long as I own the car.

Mine is missing it also. And frankly I'm glad because I never understood why they put that on there in the first place. It seems to just add fuel to the fire of the "Chrysler Imperial" thing which I loathe. I've always tried to do my part in keeping Imperial's sovereignty alive and well.
If you're a purist, then go find one, to me... it'll never happen as long as I own the car.
I could live without it, too...But, as you know these cars get so much attention when we drive them...complete strangers walk or drive up to me are always asking, "What year... and what is that beast?"

I could live without it, too...But, as you know these cars get so much attention when we drive them...complete strangers walk or drive up to me are always asking, "What year... and what is that beast?"
I've had that too, I usually just explain the history of the Imperial car line and then they get it. Great conversation starter and you get to talk up your car more.

Btw...I'm in the middle of the "purist camp" scale...I generally don't get motivated by getting Big Red or the next Imperial I own back to the way it was when it was driven off the assembly line...I like mild personal touches and the original emblems I think break up the vast Rallye Red Paint that she displays...and I lost count how many parts I've added from donor Imperials already in 2 months...so there's nothing really pure about her...

Back