My new `67 Imperial Crown Coupe!

The last time I saw one of those on the road, non car show stuff mind you was perhaps twenty years ago. It was in a 7-11 parking lot. Thats a nice car.

Thanks a lot man! I am ecstatic! The previous owner didn't even know it would clean up as well as it has so far. Some cleaner wax and a motor polish and I'll post more pics! Build sheet decoded nicely with lots of power options but no power door locks, strange!

An indication of how rare an Imperial without a.c. is that the back window has the Chrysler air conditioning decal on it and the car never had air! They probably didn't even offer clear glass in these cars. The car just keeps getting better and better, installed a better carb I had on the shelf and put a set of much needed spark plugs and wires on it and it now runs like a top! Cleaned, cleaned, cleaned inside and out and dragged one of those claybars over the topside to try to preclean the paint before going at it with the cleaning compound and polish. Here's how it looks so far.
First pic is the trunklid after washing but only used claybar, compound and polish on the right half.

IMG_8250.JPG

IMG_8251.jpg

IMG_8252.jpg

IMG_8253.jpg

IMG_8254.jpg

IMG_8255.jpg

IMG_8256.jpg

Last edited:
Couple more things I have discovered it needs would be new engine mounts and the rear leaf springs are shot. Anybody know if replacement leaf springs are available?

Wow, she cleaned up pretty good! That interior looks fantastic too. Those 67 Imp's all look like executive car's.

Most importantly the excelerator pump is shot and it can't be started when cold, or after sitting without pouring a little gas down the carb and that'll get old quick. The carb is not original to the car so I think I'll just put a new one on it asap and also a tune-up is in order,

Matt, I am quite certain this will turn out to be a fuel pump issue. I have had this happen several times to vehicles that have been sitting. Usually the first symtom is the check valve letting the fuel drain back from the carb after you shut it off, the second seems that it won't draw/pump fuel at cranking speed.

Sweet car, again, I really like the interior, and can't believe it wasn't as common as black. Do you have a sales brochure for it? I have brochures for the '67 and '68 Chryslers (no Imperials) and I never saw silver as an option for the interior.

Matt, I am quite certain this will turn out to be a fuel pump issue. I have had this happen several times to vehicles that have been sitting. Usually the first symtom is the check valve letting the fuel drain back from the carb after you shut it off, the second seems that it won't draw/pump fuel at cranking speed.

Sweet car, again, I really like the interior, and can't believe it wasn't as common as black. Do you have a sales brochure for it? I have brochures for the '67 and '68 Chryslers (no Imperials) and I never saw silver as an option for the interior.

Hey Has2b, Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. I had a `68 AVS for a 440 auto that I got with my `68 Coronet R/T, which is a 4spd so I've been looking for a correct carb for it and holding on to this one as a spare. Well it's no longer a spare and it works almost perfectly, I can basically reach in the window and hit the key as long as it's not the first start when totally cold. Fuel pump is fine so far. I did have to put a water pump on it yesterday though.

I don't have a sales brochure either. The fender tag code for the interior is actually called out as gray and black and not silver. There is a silver special code and I would love to see an example of it, if my interior is not silver, I would love to see one that is!

Thanks for the compliments to everyone and thanks Polara71 for that link for suspension parts.

There is nothing Gray about that.....

I agree!
Had to put a water pump on it and replace one of the power steering pump hoses, the low pressure one with the clamps. Ordered new carpet, battery hold down(missing) and the new engine mounts. Took it for its first cruise up and down Woodward Ave (born to cruise the ave). I have basically not driven my work truck since Monday!

I agree!
Had to put a water pump on it and replace one of the power steering pump hoses, the low pressure one with the clamps. Ordered new carpet, battery hold down(missing) and the new engine mounts. Took it for its first cruise up and down Woodward Ave (born to cruise the ave). I have basically not driven my work truck since Monday!

Nothing wrong with that. Cruising Wooward Ave. is a must do event when I make the bucket list trip to Michigan.

Continueing to work out the bugs. Horns didn't work and now they do, just the relay. The switch that locks the window controls for the passengers was innoperable in the locked position and it was assumed that it was a bad switch. I took it apart to get a part # off of it and realized that the plug was just 180 degrees off and when plugged in correctly, works just fine. Got rid of those ridiculous exhaust tips! New carpet showed up and I am very excited to get that installed but it will have to wait till I wrap up some stuff on the `71 R/T. Almost as if the clock's turning back on this car, I just love it!

IMG_8320.jpg

IMG_8321.JPG

IMG_8323.jpg

IMG_8324.jpg

Ahh thats better now that it lost those tips. The R/T can wait everyone has one of those...................

Probably the frame rails, isnt that what they were always bolted to on our C's?

Back