My new `67 Imperial Crown Coupe!

That is a gorgeous car. Like everyone, I love that silver interior. Is there some sort of discoloration on the driver's seat near the top or has that just not been cleaned up yet?

There is a '67 Imperial convertible here in town that I lust after. Largely unrestored, although I dunno if it is actually original paint or just an older respray that is looking tired, and it probably needs everything re-done. The car is black inside and out which would be my last choice on a convertible, but it sure is a handsome beast.

There is some discoloration from the sun there and on the tops of the back seat. Probably will try to get some sort of dye or stain to try to blend it back to silver. Any suggestions for this would be appreciated.
Picked up a couple of parts from Murray Park at the Nats swap meet over the weekend. I had him bring me an entire drivers door because mine keeps eating window motors. It's because the window is out of alignment and some of the parts that keep it aligned are broken, worn out or missing. I figured if I had an entire door to work with for parts I would have a better chance of fixing it right. Also got a replacement control knob and sensor for the sentinal lighting system. Can't wait to have some time to make these repairs.

Matt, i love the interior on that car! Can't be too many that color. BTW, did you read my post on the dock abt the place I found that has imperials out the wazoo?

Matt, i love the interior on that car! Can't be too many that color. BTW, did you read my post on the dock abt the place I found that has imperials out the wazoo?

Thanks, the interior is what sold me on the car, well, one of the things! I have not been on the dock yet believe it or not.

Where are the Imps?

Showing my Imperial a little love lately. Finally got to the bottom of my lack of inst cluster lights and it looks like my panel dimmer is the culprate. I need to locate one of those, hopefully an NOS one as these are the types of things I don't like to have to revisit. In the process of trying to figure that out I removed the cluster to discover that the printed circuit board had a couple of loose prongs on it and most of the light bulbs were shot. I took the whole unit to Bob's Speedometer Service to have it tightened up and while I was there I let them put a quartz movement in the clock so now that bugger works though I still can't see it at night!
Went ahead and bought a new carb and installed it yesterday and wow, what a difference! I went with a new Edlebrock 1411, talk about breathing some new life into it, quite literally! Next on this Labor Day weekend will be replacing the drivers door window motor again but this time I have new guides that keep the front of the glass in the track so the window will go up straight and this will hopefully be the last motor I have to install for a long while. Something wrong with the rear window on the drivers side as well, hopefully just a loose connection but I'm prepaired to replace that motor again as well! This will be a good opportunity to put the new carpet in as the rear seat will have to come out anyway to fix the rear window. It will be a good oportunity to install the new e-brake release switch without the front seats in it too. How many of us like working under the dash with the front seats in the way?
Oh yeah, I also put the new dial/knob on the Sentinal lighting sensor on top of the dash but still have yet to mess around with adjusting it to see how well the adjustment from Early to Late works. The Sentinal seems to work fine as does the time delay on the headlights. I'll be sure to take some pics.

Ok, it took most of the day to replace the 2 window motors on the drivers side but it's done and I am sore! This kind of work kills my hips and back, all the crouching and climbing in and out of the back. I did do some cleaning on the door panels and interior chrome trim while I was at it. Not sure if the girl is going to let me get away with another day spent entirely on the car but I'll give it a shot.
Happy Labor Day to all.

Ok, it took most of the day to replace the 2 window motors on the drivers side but it's done and I am sore! This kind of work kills my hips and back, all the crouching and climbing in and out of the back. I did do some cleaning on the door panels and interior chrome trim while I was at it. Not sure if the girl is going to let me get away with another day spent entirely on the car but I'll give it a shot.
Happy Labor Day to all.

You too Matt!

I knew it would take the better part of the day to install the carpet but I worked on it for a solid 10 hours yesterday and it's still not done! Very close though, I got the driver seat, gas pedal and hooked up the new parking brake release switch after dinner and had to quit just as the mosquitos started to get me. More pics of the finished product to follow as soon as it's finished.
The carpet from Trim Parts fit nicely but had nowhere near as much padding as the factory so I removed the factory jute and layed it under the new carpet. Didn't find any suprises under the rug, just as solid as it is everywhere else. One cigerette but from the factory and a mummified frog, I'm geussing from WA but how the heck did it get in the wiring harness raceway inside the rocker! I was able to reuse the gromets for the headlight and radio preset selector which I'm thankful for as the 1 provided by Trim Parts was far inferior.

IMG_8486.jpg

IMG_8502.jpg

IMG_8497.jpg

IMG_8503.jpg

IMG_8504.jpg

IMG_8505.jpg

No grommets in the original correct? I see the rubber inlay is a bit different...what company did you buy from?

No grommets in the original correct? I see the rubber inlay is a bit different...what company did you buy from?

No, I reused the originals. I bought the carpet from Trim Parts and it only came with one grommet and it wasn't close enough to the 2 nice originals.

IMG_8510.JPG

IMG_8511.JPG

Here's the finished product. I am overall very pleased with the result. I know that these companies, Trim Parts and I think there's another that makes carpet for our classic rides, aren't making these rugs to last as long as the original material. I would say that with the condition that the original carpet was in with 136K miles that the replacement rug would probably be in the same condition with around 50K miles. I do know that these cars are used completely different now-a-days and the repop carpet is probably as good as it needs to be.

IMG_8522.jpg

IMG_8523.jpg

Matt, ... I'm having an emotional moment. Somebody makes a product for a formal C-Body! It looks like Tuxedo style of carpet matches what is in my NY'er. Your thoughts? Thanks for the carpet tip!

Looks incredible.....you should be proud.

I didnt think grommets were used at all, none of mine had them from the factory

I d

Several years ago, Mike Lyons, who is known by many in the Mopar world as an "over restorer" returned a carpet to Legendary because he wasn't satisfied with it. Legendary made up a new one and sent it to him. Lyons returned that one too. Finally Legendary called him to ask WTF was his problem. He said "the grommets were wrong"....

And yet I have read an article in a mag that said they never used them. None of my original cars came with them.........

Back