My new `67 Imperial Crown Coupe!

Good, thanks. Busy with work and kids, not much Imperialism lately. But I'm going to be taking mine in for paint and upholstery work in the next week or two, so I'm back around to Mopar stuff.

I just thought I'd start out by checking in on Vodka and your cars to see where they were. I'm probably also going to be following in your footsteps on the front-end work, too. I'll be reading that stuff carefully to see what I can learn.

I'll answer any questions I can.

Hello Matt, just wondering if you have any feedback on your new rotors?

:thumbsup:Hey @Dana, so far so good! I'm driving it almost daily and the brakes are performing very well. I haven't had a moment to inspect them visually but I also haven't felt the need to.

Excellent pal. Just wondering.

A friend with a nice camera caught me in action last week.
Woodward 2017 Sunday August 13_Photo by Marc Rozman_Matt Michalec.jpg

Nice Matt, very nice.

How's that woody (wasn't it) you're working on progressing?
Thanks gents!
I haven't really heard anything about the Speedwagon project, I think it's stalled and I'm not sure why. When they're ready to get back to it I know they will call.

Gorgeous! Like the king of the road/mafia staff car!

So I found your car's low-rent twin this week. Same color combo, looks like it's an AC car (no AutoTemp), but with low-quality seat covers. Really shows how nice your car is.

00m0m_igzedJkns80_600x450.jpg

00f0f_7Grw9DhAq8m_600x450.jpg

00A0A_9OqwaE3YEGQ_600x450.jpg

So I found your car's low-rent twin this week. Same color combo, looks like it's an AC car (no AutoTemp), but with low-quality seat covers. Really shows how nice your car is.

View attachment 144178

View attachment 144179

View attachment 144180
I'll be darned! Where did you see it @bajajoaquin ?
Looks like it has black vinyl on the roof. Do you have a better pic from the side? I've often wondered what mine would look like with a black vinyl but I'm glad mine is white as odd as it is.

The first 2 pics are from when I first bought the car some 18K miles ago and the other 2 I just took, notice my lumbar pillow.
You can see the brown discoloration at the top of the seat in the early pics which actually came off with a good cleaning although I actually had to paint the piping. The leather does not appear to look any different after 18K miles but the black fabric pleats are much worse for the wear and the torn vinyl bolster has always bothered me. The seat has always needed new foam but is still incredibly comfortable.
Well I finally ordered the pleat material and some silver vinyl from SMS and if I can line up someone qualified to install the new materials and make new foam buns I will have the front seats gently restored without messing with the leather.
FAB2BBE4-3DF1-4387-BD2A-814739DA5908.jpeg
A5F7D61A-16C4-463C-93B3-FB4B7629ED2D.jpeg
EFC070AC-74C6-45E2-BC85-9EC64B4593AF.jpeg
F5D7EED0-439E-4D0D-B967-02188B3F495B.jpeg

Back