My new `67 Imperial Crown Coupe!

The other good thing is that I can pull the seats and the car stays put.

That's not what happened with my car. Seats got pulled, next thing I know the car is in Tijuana!

Oh, wait. It was the other way around. Car goes to Tijuana, next thing I know the seats get pulled.

I ordered the material from SMS already and should be at my shop when I get back next week so I will have no excuses.:thumbsup:

Good luck with that Matt. I ordered 2/3's of a yard of vinyl so my trimmer could finish a job. Took 5 weeks to get it. Of course the money was out of my account the day I ordered. sms needs some lessons in customer relations, but then they are the only game in town.
I ordered Virgils interior panels last June. They say maybe see them in Feb/March. Good think I planned ahead.

Sorry you had that issue. I ordered from them to fix the torn driver’s seat. They told me to expect 2-3 weeks delivery. It was at my place in 4 days.

I’m on a little vacation but they gave me a tracking number and according to ups it was delivered so I’ll give them a B+ for somewhat poor communication. I had to call them a week or so after they charged my card to find out an eta and I got the tracking info the next day so I’m good with that.

Obviously they sent what they thought I needed and not what I really needed but that being said they got it to me in good time and am told they’re already pulling the right stuff and will send along a return shipping label for first shipment. I’m happy with that!
F8B1C8DC-EE23-4B42-87C3-88B9410CA881.jpeg
056B0524-44B6-457C-B603-DDF053CE3FA2.jpeg
E356DA4A-3588-4A67-93F8-AAA89774BDE5.jpeg

Best to always get a sample first.

I've had four places send me samples for the Barracuda headliner. Only one got it right. Legendary was adamant their headliner was correct. They were not even close on color or design. SMS's sample is spot on. Unfortunately, they are the most expensive too.

I got the right stuff today and was pleased to even see the correct year on the back of the vinyl.:)
75F16D04-7235-463E-9478-99F9E524B8E8.jpeg
FEA0A39B-880E-4747-A5A0-F696D22EF570.jpeg

Good luck with that Matt. I ordered 2/3's of a yard of vinyl so my trimmer could finish a job. Took 5 weeks to get it. Of course the money was out of my account the day I ordered. sms needs some lessons in customer relations, but then they are the only game in town.
I ordered Virgils interior panels last June. They say maybe see them in Feb/March. Good think I planned ahead.

It took them a year and 3 tries later to get my vinyl kind of correct.

3256.jpeg

So it’s hotter than Haiti’s around here so I thought I’d take advantage of the oven-like temps. This morning I put a heavy(and I mean heavy) coating of Lexol leather conditioner all over the hides in my Imp, windows up and parked it in the sun for a few hours. When I went out to move it back into the shop I couldn’t believe how soft that leather was!:)

Fabulous thread Matt! Just catching up on your progress.
Thanks! Actually I didn’t get to any of my winter to do list. Lately however I replaced another fuel pump pushrod, replaced a cracked(since I’ve owned it) power steering pump bracket and finally replaced the rear shocks which I’ve been putting off because I thought I was going to get to replacing the leaf springs. I also picked up a spare radiator with an original core in it which I’ve taken to a local old school radiator shop to see if it can be put into service. If so I’m pulling my original radiator that has already been re-cored once in its life and now weeps on occasion and it will get a second core and be a spare. Along with the radiator I got a rustfree spare fender.:)

So it’s hotter than Haiti’s around here so I thought I’d take advantage of the oven-like temps. This morning I put a heavy(and I mean heavy) coating of Lexol leather conditioner all over the hides in my Imp, windows up and parked it in the sun for a few hours. When I went out to move it back into the shop I couldn’t believe how soft that leather was!:)

Lexol is a great product!!

I picked up the radiator today and the original core was still in great condition. He sealed up a couple of leaks, completely cleaned it out and painted it up for 118 bucks! I may spend a bit of time straightening out some of those cooling fins and I’ll definetly flush the block before I put it in but it’s otherwise ready to go.
FDC9DAD6-E54C-418C-9B12-6A7FA76A58D9.jpeg
7D617B9A-81B5-4CC2-90BC-BB60B5E98278.jpeg

I just looked at this thread for the first time in a few years. It’s way too long to catch up on fully! I know a great, nearby and reasonable place to take your seats.

Back