My new `67 Imperial Crown Coupe!

Couple of more pics that will serve as before shots.
A06E485C-4DD4-400F-A501-90E5FC4A2A10.jpeg
E0E264DD-41B7-4772-B4E6-E85CD9D3F3CD.jpeg

I really like that you are preserving the leather.

I think the bolsters are always vinyl with leather seats. I believe that the vinyl is more flexible and better used in that area. It is cheaper too...

These fabric inserts are Kind of a predetermined breaking Point designwise. They seemingly regularly used Vinyl on the sides, my guess just a cost consideration as you see all leather in other European Marques for example without any more Problems.

BMW got sued by some Yuppie a while back when he discoved his “leather interior” wasn’t all leather. Horrified by the vinyl side skirt and seat back he sues the manufacturer for false advertising. Now we have “leather seating surfaces” in our cars.

BMW got sued by some Yuppie a while back when he discoved his “leather interior” wasn’t all leather. Horrified by the vinyl side skirt and seat back he sues the manufacturer for false advertising. Now we have “leather seating surfaces” in our cars.
When and where will it end.

It happened to Nissan decades ago, and I'm sure it happened to lots of car makers.

Is it really so ridiculous? Look at the comments here when people found out it wasn't all leather. If someone says I'm getting leather seats, I want leather-covered seats, not half leather and half plastic. What's wrong with holding people accountable for selling what they say they're selling?

It happened to Nissan decades ago, and I'm sure it happened to lots of car makers.

Is it really so ridiculous? Look at the comments here when people found out it wasn't all leather. If someone says I'm getting leather seats, I want leather-covered seats, not half leather and half plastic. What's wrong with holding people accountable for selling what they say they're selling?
I agree that we should hold people accountable. I've just known for years that the leather is only on the parts that you touch most of the time unless you're talking about some extremely expensive furniture.

Ya better hurry up. . . before those guys die. . .

My favorite trimmer has just sold his business and announced he's retiring, after 45 years in the business.
He told me not to worry, that he was still going to take care of his best customers, (I'm one), and that Virgil's interior and top will be done there.

I’ve got several good leads that I’ve been gathering over the years.
I'll add one to your lead list Matt. Goggle search 1964 Chrysler 300 "SILVER EDITION". Back in the late '80s a Car Bud of mine had one.(a wedding present for his Daughter and Son-in-Law in 1990) He sent his skins to Legendary Interiors and they duplicated the pattern and color and I have no reason to think that Legendary still doesn't have the pattern in their collection. And I also assume Legendary will still cut deals for new patterns sent to them for duplication? Hey? What's another winter without the skinz on your Gorgeous Imp while it's in hibernation anyway? HO, HO, HO.(I'm pretty sure Legendary would happily send you a swatch of the 300 Silver Addition Silver leather for matching? Jer

Thanks Jer but I don’t want to change out any leather just new inserts/pleats and the one side bolster. I do still have the card from the place we stopped at together when I was out your way and we looked at that vert for Dave and Mark.

Thanks Jer but I don’t want to change out any leather just new inserts/pleats and the one side bolster. I do still have the card from the place we stopped at together when I was out your way and we looked at that vert for Dave and Mark.
Yup. Quite yer bitchin' and I'll do the stitchin'. The guy waz and still iz an artist. Last I heard just before I moved south waz that he's backed up TWO+ yearz. You can circumvent that time thing with your Partial bolster requirements tho'. I know he's not rite around the corner from you but I'd find the silver for your match(black iz the easy one)and do a road trip with our friend in A2 some Saturday and go see him. Show him what you've got and want you want done and see when he can work you in? That's what I did when I had him cut the LeBaron Dash down, fab the new end caps and fit the dash into the Scamp and it lookz like Mother did it at the factory, lol. Took all of about 5-6 weekz. I just left the Scamp out there in one of hiz buildingz so he could work hiz magic. FYI, I know of 2 carz he's done the interiors on that have taken the Riddler Award @ Cobo Hall at Autorama, Jer

I ordered the material from SMS already and should be at my shop when I get back next week so I will have no excuses.:thumbsup:

Back